Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to spruce up my 283 and make it look like a hot rod did in the 60’s and 70’s. I got lucky and bought an original set of Cal Customs valve covers. It’s mainly the details that I need to get figured out. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I want to spruce up my 283 and make it look like a hot rod did in the 60’s and 70’s. I got lucky and bought an original set of Cal Customs valve covers. It’s mainly the details that I need to get figured out. Any help would be great.
google images is your friend

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Which valve covers did you buy?

The matching Cal Custom voltage regulator and horn relay covers were a cool addition. The valve cover T-handles with the removable Tees are period-correct. Cal Custom also made a cool dipstick handle and chrome fan and other accessories.

Is the engine stock? What intake are you using?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which valve covers did you buy?

The matching Cal Custom voltage regulator and horn relay covers were a cool addition. The valve cover T-handles with the removable Tees are period-correct. Cal Custom also made a cool dipstick handle and chrome fan and other accessories.

Is the engine stock? What intake are you using?
Thanks Pronova for your input. It's stock 283 I added an Edelbrock carb and intake. I'm getting the Edelbrock intake that takes the oil fill tube to be more peroid correct. I had forgot about the T handles thats a great ideal. The valve covers look like these. I need to get them cleaned up but they are in great shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts