Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a recommendation on two free flowing mufflers 3". dont want to spend more than $150 or so on both.

also, my last mufflers came from the headers, and then angled towards the drive shaft. thats two bends before the muffler. wanted to know if I can just use straight pipe from the header to the muffler. will be dumping at the rear axle.

finally, is it a bad idea to use clamps? if not, what type of clamps are best for good sealing but to be able to drop it quickly.

need to order in about an hour or so. thanks

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
My 3-1/2" Borla's sound pretty loud to me (no interior)but people at the track say my car is quiet. I got booted the first month Irwindale was open, and I set off several alarms whenever I drive, so........

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Walmart does not have any??

Dam!:eek:

Why not call a few local muffler shops!

Sometimes they can surprise!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I run hooker aero chambers on my truck.Pretty mild 350.There 2.5 inch.

The only thing I don't like about them is there heavy.But they sound SO good.I don't really like flowmasters sound.But these aren't loud at idle.When you mash it they sound so good.

That's what everyone says about.Wow that thing sounds good!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys its between the aeros and the ultra flos. I like the sound of the aero chambers better but I suspect the ultra flows flow better. Plus today they are a bit cheaper by about 30 bucks.

To my other issues - can I go straight back from the header? If I do, do I get center inlet offset outlet?

And, do I use a lap joint connector or a butt joint connector. I want to be able to drop the muffler at the track if I need to. Thanks yall

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Have a friend order one Dynomax muffler, and you order one, and get $50 back with the rebate. Only one $25 rebate per household!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Rock Auto charges a little more than Summit, but with the 5% discount from Hot Rod, and the $25 rebate, the Dynomax 17221 would cost $60.90 delivered to my address.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts