Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i bought my project it came with no radiator at all so im going up to auto zome and going to order it but im wondering what all do i need i of course need the radiator upper and lower hose and the cap. but do you think they will all come together? am i missing anything? and whats the difference between 3 row and 4 row??? thanks much

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
You can have one built for your application..Just find one in your town that will build one..Good luck...Shouldn't take much...Look for a rad. muffler shop..

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
All the parts will be separate, upper, lower hoses and the rad. The difference between a 3 & 4 row is the amount of row that allow the coolant to flow across the rad standard is 3 and heavy duty is 4. Unless your in hot weather and run a radical engine or AC a 3 row is usually adequate for most drivers. The only other part you'll need will be the shroud assembly.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I don't know alot about the 74's and your set up, but for your application a drain hose and 'overflow' container could be used, but that's your choice.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I've been running a Summit "racing" rad in mine. I didn't need the tranny cooler, but they have that on an upgrade rad. All aluminum...bought the biggest that would fit inside the rad support. Have a Taurus fan behind it and it runs 180 más o menos all the time. I grew up in East Tex and it gets just as hot here (oh yeah...but its DRY heat! like that makes a difference...:bored:).

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts