Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any aftermarket Inline 6 pans for my First Gen? Would like more capacity (sure who wouldn't) and an extra pan or two for some other engines I am building for First Gens that will also have the 250 cid Gen III. Need a oil pan source.

Can't seem to find any through normal channels, even stock would do then I could try to get someone to weld them up I think.

But I really would love a Moroso, Milidon, Hamburger etc.. Anyone?

James:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Years ago we use to run 250 six bangers in the early bodied Novas on dirt tracks. We used after market pans so someone made them back then. We use to do some crazy stuff to those little motors and they ran like crazy. Biggest problem I recall was the flywheel bolts liked to come loose on them. Have you tried looking on the various mfgers web pages or sent them an e mail? Just a thought. RM

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Performance 6 Cylinder Oil Pans

I will contact all manufactures and racing buddies to see if I can source some of these pans. I know that the L6 Chevy block was (is) used for racing , but what I am really looking for is specific to First Gen Chevy IIs and our unique suspension clearence problems.

I guess I could always go rack and pinion or front clip to circumvent this? Nah!:rolleyes:

Anyone with info on these types of oil pans please shout out now.;)

James

·
Registered
818 Posts
If your Chevy II is not dropped, you can use a rear sump pan off a 292. You will need to clearance it for the tie rod, change the pump pick-up and possibly move the dipstick depending on what is currently in your car.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
74 Motor going in

I have a 74 motor 250 CID or 4.1 as some call it. The dipstick is different and currently have my old pan and pickup from my 194. I will use that for now but wanted to get another pan to see if I can increase oil capacity and later to plumb into when I will add a Turbo Charger unit.
I will look at 292 pans as well. But won't that interfere with my stock type power steering?

James

Fred's Garage

·
Registered
818 Posts
Did not even think about oem power steering. It has been so long since I have seen a first gen with the factory PS. The factory ram may very well scuttle the rear sump pan idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts