Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before installing a new headliner in my 1966 2 door coupe i put in the dome lamp mounting screws. Unfortunetly I cant feel them thru the headliner. Can some one take a measurement from, say the front inside window trim back to the mounting screws. I think that I can feel the hole where the wires come thru on the brace that runs front to back of the roof. Afraid to cut holes until I can get some guidence. Thank You for reading my post. Plater Tom

·
Registered
188 Posts
I get about 31 1/4" from front window trim to front screw. About 24" from drivers headliner trim to front screw. Best eyeball measurements on my 67SS. Somebody did put a different headliner in before I bought it so that's assuming stock mounting hole. It looks like it is.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tried again going from here. Looks closer to 31 3/4" from there. Tough to get real accurate.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Measurement

By the looks of your pic it looks like you are measuring in a straight line from the front and not the contour of the headliner. Is that correct? Tom

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yep. I couldn't find my vinyl tape so had to use that. Just had to eyeball best I could with the tape being 1/2" or so below the front screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts