Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me or post a picture of were the hole is located for sure on the drivers side block of a 350 for the bell crank stud? I found a 350 engine and want to put it in my 74 nova and plan to run a 4-speed. I just want to make sure were that hole is located for sure on the block before buying this motor. Any help would be helpful. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your saying if it has a tapped hole just above the oil filter that would be the correct location for the bellcrank pivot ball?

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
So your saying if it has a tapped hole just above the oil filter that would be the correct location for the bellcrank pivot ball?
Yes sir, without a doubt, absolutely, yahmahn.....There are two threaded holes in the block just above the oil filter about 5 inche's apart horizontaly...the bracket is about that wide with another extention that bends in towards the oil pan with has threads that except the pivot ball.......I just did mine less than a year ago...Heres a pic. ( best I got.)...you can just barely see the bracket between the 5th and 7th header pipe's...just over the filter....

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Correct, you do not need a bracket for the pivot ball to install the clutch linkage (bellcrank) in your '74 Nova. Just use the existing threaded hole in the block. There is two threaded holes in the block for this. The rear one is the one you need to use.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more info

Ok, BUT I dont have the original motor for the car. I was going to purchase a motor from a guy that is out of a 72 chevy pickup. I just wanted to make sure that the 72 chevy pickup 350 has the holes in the block for the stud? I have not seen this motor in person yet but I will here in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
You got me on that one..I have a 66 so I'm not sure if both setups are the same.......I had to have the bracket for a non nova 327 ...

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Anything for a Nova brother.....Not sure where the Zbar comes across in the 74...Mine was a L6..it did have the threaded hole for the zbar...but the bracket I bought for the 327 worked great..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts