Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions. Car is a red with white painted top, 283, PG, factory a/c, pb, ps, with several other options. I am third owner. Is this a keeper? Also, car is going through total resto. Body is accident free with two small rust holes is front fenders. Questions are, rims are painted grey. Is this correct or should it be car color? Also, the powerglide, what is fluid type and capacity? How much fluid in converter? The build sheet, if there was one for period is gone. Any suggestions where to get one? It was a Va car.
Thanks for your help - John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a legit car # wise. I just need some answers as far as the way it is optioned, wheel color and tranny info?
Thanks!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not disputing whether or not it's legit, numbers-wise. We still need the cowl tag info to know what options it had originally.

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
It is a legit car # wise. I just need some answers as far as the way it is optioned, wheel color and tranny info?
Thanks!
What do you think the cowl "trim" tag is for?:rolleyes:

Here's my 64 SS cowl tag:

It was born on the 3rd week of March 1964 at the Norwood, Ohio plant. It's a 1964 Chevy II Nova SS. The exterior was painted Palomar Red and the interior was black. It came with bucket seats, M20 4-speed transmission, U63 pushbutton radio, both driver's and passenger side rear view mirrors, and tinted glass.

It isn't on the tag but my wheels were black with the SS hubcaps. I think they all were.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Wheel color

To the best of my knowledge, at least in the 60's, the only cars with body color wheels are no wheel option cars that had poverty caps.
Any Chevrolets with full wheel covers had black painted wheels and any cars ordered with ralley wheels had grey painted wheels.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
What do you think the cowl "trim" tag is for?:rolleyes:

Here's my 64 SS cowl tag:

It was born on the 3rd week of March 1964 at the Norwood, Ohio plant. It's a 1964 Chevy II Nova SS. The exterior was painted Palomar Red and the interior was black. It came with bucket seats, M20 4-speed transmission, U63 pushbutton radio, both driver's and passenger side rear view mirrors, and tinted glass.

It isn't on the tag but my wheels were black with the SS hubcaps. I think they all were.

How did you get your trim tag so clean?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts