Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So What is Napa Racing Kingman Street Drags VI?

Napa Racing Kingman Street Drags VI is Route 66 Wings and Wheels Inc. largest fund raiser of the year. Our goal of building a multifaceted motor sports facility is driven by the funds and desires generated by this annual event. No the funds from this event are not so generous as to really pay for the facility by themselves, but they do keep us moving in a very positive direction and more so the event keeps us fresh in the communities mind and exposes us to new residents who have not had the chance to join our cause.

This year the event will kick off with the set-up on Friday the 18th of September at 7am when an army of volunteers will descend on down town to begin the task of building a full race facility. From k-rail, to fencing, to vendors and then the grandstands. There are the entry gates, port-a-potties and the tents to give us shade. We build the beer gardens and the Hospitality Suite, put in the timing and sound systems, and the christmas tree all in less then 24 hours. Don’t feel left out if you would like to join in on this insanity, you’re more then welcome, we will provide you with an event t-shirt, pay your entry fee for the weekend and even feed you for your troubles.

Now for the participants, Friday morning we will begin the process of registration and pitting. Friday evening we will have the Welcoming Party, the Burn Out Contest Round 1, and the Cacklefest starting at 6:00pm. Then on Saturday morning we will open the gates at7am, after the 8am mandatory drivers meeting we will get the classes staged and begin the day with open time running. Each time you run your car, our crew will keep track of the quick eight in each class. You are allowed to make as many runs as you can during open running. All we ask is that you only run when we bring your class to the lanes so that we keep similar cars grouped together. We will start with the Trophy Class followed by Motorcycle, Truck, Sports Compact, Pure Street, Hot Rod, Pro Street and last, Unlimited Class, and then start back at Trophy again.

We will have a couple of breaks in the schedule for some special celebrity races during the day, starting with the “Officers Cup” between the Kingman Police Chief Bob DeVries and Tom Sheahan the County Sheriff, they will run a best two out of three over the weekend. We look forward to the addition of other regional law enforcement official getting involved this year. Of course the “Mayors Cup” will again be contested with last years champion Bullhead City Mayor Jack Hakim defending his title against Kingman Mayor John Salem. We have word that there may be other City Mayor getting involved this year too, we will have to wait and see.

Saturday’s time schedule will be from 10am when we start open running to track lock down at 8pm. We will begin again Sunday morning with racing at approximately 11am with the second round of eliminations for the quick eight followed by open running again. Drivers should not despair if they don’t make the quick eight in there respective classes as we will continue to run everyone during open running until the finals begin at 3 pm.

This year the cost for racers is $25 for one day or $35 for the weekend. Race crew is $6 per day or $10 for the weekend. Spectators are $5 per day or $8 for the weekend and there are bulk ticket packages available for anyone who may want one.

New for this year will be the first time for the Kingman Down Town Merchants Association and the Route 66 Association to host a Kingman Down Town Block Party. There will be a huge Car Show and Vendor display. This will run in conjunction with the Napa Racing Kingman Street Drags VI all day Saturday. At the conclusion of the racing at 8pm on Saturday evening we hope that all the spectators and participants will join in for a Live Concert and Street Dance.

This year’s event promises to have something for everyone and more then there has ever been before. Current track record is 115 mph in 330, can you beat it? So make plans for September 18th, 19th and 20th and be part of “the Worlds Largest legal Street Drags” at “Napa Racing Kingman Street Drags VI”

http://www.kingmanstreetdrags.com/

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
They need to change the date one weekend one way or the other. They always have it on the same weekend as Route 66 here in San Bernardino. :(

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wade, With Kingman being my hometown, I am a little bias. Maybe SB needs to change their dates:D Anyway, I would rather be racing than sitting in the heat watching all the gang-bangers, fights and mass of humanity that come to the SB show.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Eddie
Why don't we try and get some of us together to do the Route 66 in Kingman where you can cruise from Sligman(spelling) to Kingman. I think that would be a nice run and get together. Maybe some of the Phoenix area guys can come up also. It is held in May I think. I went to it a couple of years ago and was a nice show.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
this event looks awesome i would love to join in on the festivities , but where the hell is kingman and how would i get there if i was going to go just need to find a truck and trailer for the weekend ..... :eek: anyways i checked out the web site , my question is do i have to be a member to run the car or can i just show up and race ?

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
this event looks awesome i would love to join in on the festivities , but where the hell is kingman and how would i get there if i was going to go just need to find a truck and trailer for the weekend ..... :eek: anyways i checked out the web site , my question is do i have to be a member to run the car or can i just show up and race ?
Kingman is in AZ off of the I-40 not to far from the CA boarder. U-Haul rents them

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No membership required, show up pay the fees, tech, race!!!! Lot of things going on for a little money.:D:D:D:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eddie
Why don't we try and get some of us together to do the Route 66 in Kingman where you can cruise from Seligman(spelling) to Kingman. I think that would be a nice run and get together. Maybe some of the Phoenix area guys can come up also. It is held in May I think. I went to it a couple of years ago and was a nice show.
This is a great program, great goodies and the burgers at the Snow Cap in Seligman are the best. The guys that run the place are a comic act on to it's own. The stop over in Kingman is great the whole town comes out to see the cars. May is a great time of the year to cruise.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
This is a great program, great goodies and the burgers at the Snow Cap in Seligman are the best. The guys that run the place are a comic act on to it's own. The stop over in Kingman is great the whole town comes out to see the cars. May is a great time of the year to cruise.
Lets start planning to go next May.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Timing will be key, I want to have the "Cruise through the Vineyards" the first week in May.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts