Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Can anyone name the part that links to each bucket seat mounting bracket (arrow pointing to it) in the following picture? There should be one for each side, one was just...gone due to rust i guess. Are they repop'd? I read the function is to keep the carpet from bunching, but don't know what they're called.

The 'vert these parts were in is...weathered. But some parts are better than none!

Thanks for any help!

-Rusty

Attachments

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,918 Posts
just part of the "floor pan" ------ whats left of it ------- if it were bigger ... it would even look like a floor board .

I'm just saying ====== RUST !

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rusty is right. Sadly, it is all we have to go on as a template.

I found a less rusty picture of the pieces online. There is one for each side, as the arrows indicate. Maybe it will jog a first gen or second gen person's memory..?

-Rusty

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is how far we have gotten after fixing the rusty brackets...so now just those two pieces need to be fabricated.

-Rusty

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,569 Posts
Those pieces on the early 1st gen. Novas were different than the later years '65-'67. Using the above photos as a go by you can just make your own from some light gauge sheet metal. On my '65 I used those plates to space the front and rear seat track brackets for installing bucket seats where I originally had a bench seat. Another purpose was to lay over the trench on both sides of the drive shaft tunnel so the carpet would lay flat on the floor pan in that area.

Even though my '65 plates are different than the ones you have, they serve the same purpose as yours and I wouldn't call them critical to installing your bucket seats. Just fabricate a couple to cover the trench and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
If you have one decent piece you have all you need to make new ones.. They mirror each other when in position so you can make a template off of one and you should be good to go.. I believe they were raw steel to begin with as the ones that have been in my cars have all been that way. I recently refinished the ones from my 64 along with the tracks..

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, we'll fab them up. The one we have is missing the terminal ends (see below).

Figured those pieces would make it quicker for Fisher body or whoever welded them in originally to have them spaced properly for the bucket seats to attach. We had to guess as to their location.

Now to find the time to fab...

Thanks for all the replies.

-Rusty

Attachments

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
The critical points are where the tracks bolt in.. Those tin cover plates are not vital to anything important structurally speaking..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts