Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the part is call that the interior door handle attaches to?
my car is missing that and I cannt attach the latch and cannt really find it because I have no idea what its called

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok I found out the name lol now to find one lol I cannt find one for a 69
btw its call a door Opening Mechanism

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
They are normally referred to as a "door latch relay". Should help you with your search. I'm not sure if they are being reproduced, I'll do some checking.

Walt

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are normally referred to as a "door latch relay". Should help you with your search. I'm not sure if they are being reproduced, I'll do some checking.

Walt

Thank you a member here pm'ed and said he has one for sale I replied but he never got back to me anymore :( I was hoping to have it on before it goes to paint and thats on Tuesday any suggestions on how to keep the door closed on the way home on a trailer after paint? guess I could use some bunggee cord:eek:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Thank you a member here pm'ed and said he has one for sale I replied but he never got back to me anymore :( I was hoping to have it on before it goes to paint and thats on Tuesday any suggestions on how to keep the door closed on the way home on a trailer after paint? guess I could use some bunggee cord:eek:
I've used rachet straps with light tension. A bungee would work if its in good condition (breakage is bad!!)

I checked & they are still only making them for the 66/67's on the early models. They say that the 66's with a simple modification can be made to work for the 62-65's. I haven't tried it yet, so don't know what all is involved.

Walt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts