Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking through my bags of miscellaneous parts, I came across something and I have no idea what it is or where it goes. I did get some interior parts off of two '65 novas 30 years ago and now I have two of these. Does anyone recognize this part?

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n552/Soapboxsam/?action=view&current=mysterypart.jpg

While I'm writing, can someone explain how to post pictures that actually show up in the post? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Looks like a part that goes in the column for the horn.

While in photo bucket when you select the pic the different links show up select the img one and paste it in yout POST ..

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Copy and past the image code from photobucket into your post like this

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
Looks kind of like the pieces that hold the original radios in a 3rd gen, I know next to nothing on the 1st and 2nd gen Novas though.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
It is indeed a 1st. Gen. item.......:yes:

It fits within the area behind the tuning control on a 62-65 radio and retains the radio faceplate against the dash.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
It goes on one of the side of the radio knobs ( LH or RH )

These go under the knobs....

Doesnt these go on first than a nut than the knob....:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is indeed a 1st. Gen. item.......:yes:

It fits within the area behind the tuning control on a 62-65 radio and retains the radio faceplate against the dash.
Well that makes sense for me to have two of them since I got parts from two cars. :) Now if I can only remember what I did with the two radios......:doh:

Thanks for furthering my education on my Nova parts. You guy are great!!
Sam

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Copy and past the image code from photobucket into your post like this

Gotcha! I'm not very computer literate and would probably never figured it out.
THANKS!!
Sam

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
it's one of the top portions of a gun turret, generally meant to be placed on top of a pill box, :D

j/k. it's a radio installation part ;) but the gun turret comment was exciting, huh? :rolleyes: :doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts