Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
We usually go every year, not sure about this one though. The wifey is expecting son # 2 in about a week so we'll see. It's getting bigger and bigger every year. I just wish it was a little warmer each year. Maybe we can all meet up somewhere if anyone is interested. I'll be novaless though once again:rolleyes:

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
nova65ss said:
We usually go every year, not sure about this one though. The wifey is expecting son # 2 in about a week so we'll see. It's getting bigger and bigger every year. I just wish it was a little warmer each year. Maybe we can all meet up somewhere if anyone is interested. I'll be novaless though once again:rolleyes:

Jimmy
Jimmy,
I'll tote you two around with my wife in my sedan.:D It should have enough power..:rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
You'll need enough room for 2 car seats,the wife, and me . Or we could just leave the kids w/ you and your wife for the day and we'll pick them up later in the evening;) You do have a bench seat in that thing right?

Jimmy

·
Registered
185 Posts
apr43 said:
hot damn, we got a house down there, so i'll try to make it, if not i should be living down there next year. and i know there is PLENTY of room for cars since they tore down the other malls.

The Myrtle Square Mall is under demolition, started this week! It's supposed to take 6 months. I haven't been by there, but from what I saw in the paper, it's a real construction zone! Don't think Burroughs and Chapin (Myrtle Beach Developers) would take too kindly to cars parking there if they don't get a fee!!!
We are expecting record highs here tmorrow, in the mid 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEH!!!!!!
Hope to see ya'll at the show.
Mike

·
Registered
647 Posts
Wow , I did all the caulking on the new mall . That was a beautiful mall . I'll be coming back to MB pretty soon to work on the new Petsmart they are building.I was wondering what would happen to that mall. I was there one year doing touch up and seen the car show from a distance. I did see a 66 Chop Top Nova there. You ever go to Melon's??? We pretty much lived there while we were working.We stayed at the Holiday Tower Condos. Was one great job.

Later NeoNova

·
Registered
24 Posts
nite53 said:
The Myrtle Square Mall is under demolition, started this week! It's supposed to take 6 months. I haven't been by there, but from what I saw in the paper, it's a real construction zone! Don't think Burroughs and Chapin (Myrtle Beach Developers) would take too kindly to cars parking there if they don't get a fee!!!

Mike
I go by there every morning...they started at the Sears end and they are now mid way through the demolition.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Oh yes, we're still going, in fact there's a whole group of us that go every year, usually around 10 couples. We'll all be staying in the condos (Harbor Lights) right across the street from the show. Can't wait to put the Nova on that road trip! By the way Dave, I ordered a Edelbrock AVS carburetor for mine yesterday. A couple of my buds are running this carb and really like it. This Holley is killing me on gas, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Lynn,
I will definately catch you guys on 40 early thursday morning. You are driving the sedan correct? How do you plan to get there... I-95 or through Wilmington NC along the coastlineon hwy 17?
I booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites off 501. Isn't this where the actual show is? Any comments about the hotel, location, security, etc? I just couldn't afford $200 a night at the Harbour Lights Resort. It would have been $650 for 3 nights.:eek: Are you staying until Sunday morning? I ask this because I would like to ride back with you guys as well.

Thanks Lynn,:beer:
Dave

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I think that motel is right there at the show. As far as security I'm sure it's OK. We'll be picking up I40 off Hwy 41 (I think that's right). Then we'll pickup Hwy 17 in Wilmington on in to MB. Yes, I'll be driving the Sedan.

At Harbor Lights, 3 couples rent one unit. There's 2 bedrooms, two full baths and the Living room has a couch that folds out into a bed. It usually cost's us less than $100 per night per couple. We usually cook Thursday and Friday night and go out Saturday Night. Yes, we'll be leaving for home on Sunday Morning.

Lynn

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This info may help some out of towners...

I frequent MB quite a bit (2 hours away from me). The wife loves the shopping in the area as well. Nuff' said! :rolleyes:

I've found a pretty nice business class Hampton Inn off the beaten "tourist" map..
http://reservations.onlinereservati...l?ses=5731d905511af3b90b10e4cef6454b5520771ps
I'm seeing $66 and up rates right now, and they have a killer "Military" rate that I take advantage of. The beauty of the place (IMO) is the ease of access to MB HWY 31 (the new by-pass to NORTH MB that intersects 501 just west of the Car Show) using the Grissom Parkway (to get back and forth from the hotel). If you've watched the MB episode of the American Chopper show with the helicopter inspired bike, Paul and Pauli can be seen cruising 31. Pristine, little traffic, Low Country cruising, at least for now. ;)
This hotel is centraly located to all of the usual hot spots (beach a block away, Hard Rock, Malls, North MB, downtown amusements). A decent FREE breakfast too!

If waterfront lodging is a must, further north is a condo complex that rents out like a hotel as well. I've stayed here twice...
http://www.beachcolony.com/index2.cfm
Pretty sure that the several pools that they have will still be winterised, but it IS on the beach front. Their winter & spring rates are good. Might be worth an inquiry.

Where EVER you decide to stay, ask the "desk" prior to making reservations if they are in the midst of renovations / construction. This timeframe is peak season for up-grading hotels in MB, as the prime tourist season has not quite begun.

And 501 / 17 traffic and show parking WILL be a concern especially on Friday and Saturday. Arrive early and leave late my friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You said you're going right?
Yep, pending any real bad weather or any unforeseen over-riding commitments, I'll run up for the day, probably on Saturday. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts