Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just wanted to put this out there, maybe I get lucky. My work truck got stolen this morning with every tool I own :mad:
It's a white 2000 G3500 chevy van cab with a plumbers utility bed on it with
VAZQUEZ PERFORMANCE FORKLIT SERVICE
562 762-8220
Written on both sides with Big blue lettering. Police report has been filed but I know chances are slim and If it is recovered its gonna be empty. It was insured and call has been made.
Please keep your eyes open for it. Here is a pic of what it looks like, the one in the pic is not mine but just like it. It was parked in front of my house in Long Beach off the 91fwy and Downey.
Please call 562 762-8220 Thanks again.

M

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry. That sucks! Hopefully they will find it quickly. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Thats messed up. Coming out of the house with the keys in hand and saying What the :BEEP:

I hope that they will find it.....And sorry to hear about the Truck....:(

·
Registered
279 Posts
Man, sorry to hear that, hope you get something back, the truck or with the insurance, they can pay you back most of the value.
Good luck..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I work in the insurance replacement industry, and I am going to tell you something that I think you should know. I am an honest, hard working, upstanding guy, and believe in oldschool values, like a handshake means my word, and my word is my pride.

I am morally divided here, and hate to even mention giving advice like this, but its ether one way or the other. So do as you see fit for your life, but I want you to come out of this loss, "IN THE SAME POSITION OR STATE YOU WERE PREVIOUS TO THE LOSS." That is what insurance is supposed to be.

When you file and submit your claim, the value of your tools is most likely going to be depreciated based on age and the type of tool. Example hand tools may depreciate at 5% per year and power tools 10% a year up to 50% or whatever the particular companies actual number. They will depriciate to the absolute max, they will try to leave items off the claim hoping you dont catch it, they will try to lowball you and switch model numbers and manufactures for base pricing...All kinds of stuff. SHADY CROOKS!

What I am saying is, dont lie about what you had, but absolutely dont forget one nut or bolt or screw or nail that was in that truck. Claim absolutely everything you can with value and be sure to be as thorough as possible. If you claim in impact gun 1/2", they will price you out with the cheapest model they can find, and pay you a depreciated value on it. If you claim a 1/2" snap on industrial 200psi heavy duty locking overdrive double clutch blah blah blah..they are more inclined to price you out for the model you had, rather than a harbor freight piece of junk. Be thorough be very specific and detailed, and I hope that you come out ok and get most of what you lost back.

I just see people get screwed all the time, and its a shame. You rely on that stuff to make money and provide you a living, so be nice to them on the phone, (seriously dont be an *******!!!) and list everything and as much detail as you can. Guess it wouldnt hurt to throw in a few extra 6500W generators in there just for kicks either:devil:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
LIKE I SAID FRANK,IT WAS SOMEBODY WHO KNEW YOU, KNEW WHAT WAS IN THERE, AND KNEW WHEN TO STRIKE. :mad:
I HOPE YOU GET IT BACK MAN, OR AT LEAST SOMEBODY SPOTS IT. IF SO WE'LL PAY THEM A VISIT! :yes:
GOOD LUCK BRO! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I had an $11,000 dump trailer stolen from me a couple years back. I'm with D. I 'm pretty sure I knew who took it. I staked out their houses for a long time. Never got my trailer no insurance. I'm still waiting for them to slip up . These guys knew I was goung to be out of town that weekend.Been burned a lot over the years.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yea agreed with the guys above, and its a sad world. You cant trust your "friends". Count on somebody to taketh from the hard working man the fruits of his labor, because he himself does not wish to work.

Yea maybe youll get em, maybe not, but either way stay positive brother and keep looking to the future. If you can figure it out awesome, but dont let it get you down. Life is full of stumbles, and its not how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up and keep going.

You can rig all the anti theft devices up you want, but we all know if they want it bad enough, theyll get it! They will get theirs, one way or another, even if you dont see it happen. Hopefully they try to do it again, and the owner of the next truck comes out with a 30-30 at close range.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everbody. So I got the truck back yesterday afternoon, so I'm happy about that
But needless to say all the tools were gone. Compressor is still there, not surprised that thing is big & heavy. So they popped the driver door lock in, looks pretty easy to do. Popped the column cover and used some kind vise grips or channel locks to turn the ignition. So I get screwed by the thief, then by the tow company. Had to $265 to get it out of the yard :mad: if heard worse stories about that so not sure if I should b glad of mad.
Let's see what the claim adjuster says. Thanks for the advise hardtop really appreciate it & I know exactly how u feel.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thanks everbody. So I got the truck back yesterday afternoon, so I'm happy about that
But needless to say all the tools were gone. Compressor is still there, not surprised that thing is big & heavy. So they popped the driver door lock in, looks pretty easy to do. Popped the column cover and used some kind vise grips or channel locks to turn the ignition. So I get screwed by the thief, then by the tow company. Had to $265 to get it out of the yard :mad: if heard worse stories about that so not sure if I should b glad of mad.
Let's see what the claim adjuster says. Thanks for the advise hardtop really appreciate it & I know exactly how u feel.
No worries bud, we are a class of citizens, and there is the other class who works to destroy what we build, for a gain of a fraction of what they destroy in somebody elses life. Its not right, but your halfway back in action! Glad to hear it man! If you have any pictures, recepits, or ANY documentation about the tools you had, start gathering it now. And be very weary of the insurance company, the adjuster is NOT your friend, he is there to purge you of your money, but like I said, the more pleasurable of a person you are for him to deal with, the more willing he is going to be to 'hook' you up a bit. Adjusters act on emotion, and are people too. Dont let the situation get to you and just try to act like the nice poor old innocent guy who didnt deserve this.

Matter of fact, I dont think it would hurt to 'google' this type of situation, and see what you can do about maximizing your claim payout.

THE UN-INFORMED INSURED IS THE ONES WHO GET HURT THE MOST. EDUCATE YOURSELF! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER:cool:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened to you Frank. At least you got the truck back and hopefully you'll get something reasonable from the insurance for your tools!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
WELL FRANK IT'S GOOD YA GOT YOUR RIDE BACK, MINUS THE TOOLS! IF YA NEED HELP SETTIN' BACK UP, YA KNOW YA CAN COUNT ON ME! :yes:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
When you file and submit your claim, the value of your tools is most likely going to be depreciated based on age and the type of tool. Example hand tools may depreciate at 5% per year and power tools 10% a year up to 50% or whatever the particular companies actual number. They will depriciate to the absolute max, they will try to leave items off the claim hoping you dont catch it, they will try to lowball you and switch model numbers and manufactures for base pricing...All kinds of stuff. SHADY CROOKS!

Our work shop got broke into and they stole everyones tools and the insurance tried this but our company fought it, most tools were snap on and mac and they both have lifetime replacement and ended up getting full value for them because of that. It did help that our company required us to have tool list and pictures for our tool reimbursment program so we did have proof of what we had.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

Our work shop got broke into and they stole everyones tools and the insurance tried this but our company fought it, most tools were snap on and mac and they both have lifetime replacement and ended up getting full value for them because of that. It did help that our company required us to have tool list and pictures for our tool reimbursment program so we did have proof of what we had.
Thats the best way to cover your behind! Really all you can do! And Im glad to hear a story of insurance working like they are supposed to. I just see a more negative view of it all day I guess....You and your company over there should write a book! thats the way:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts