Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I borrowed Aron69nova's perfect side shot of his 66 Wagon to create the look of my 66 Wagon project design.

Here it is, what do you think? I like the classic look of the Cragar SS rims, with a rat-rod primer/satin black and a white roof. The interior will be all black, with a 283, and 4-speed Saginaw/Hurst shifter.. eventually a 3.55 rear with a new posi set-up down the road.

I have a lot to do on it, and she doesn't look ANYTHING like this now, but it's all paint and elbow grease from here.

Comments are welcome.

DeuceWagon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you don't have the wheels yet, consider a wheel with the gray painted center and polished outer rim. I think it would fit you "look" better. Of course that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I borrowed Aron69nova's perfect side shot of his 66 Wagon to create the look of my 66 Wagon project design.

Here it is, what do you think? I like the classic look of the Cragar SS rims, with a rat-rod primer/satin black and a white roof. The interior will be all black, with a 283, and 4-speed Saginaw/Hurst shifter.. eventually a 3.55 rear with a new posi set-up down the road.

I have a lot to do on it, and she doesn't look ANYTHING like this now, but it's all paint and elbow grease from here.

Comments are welcome.

DeuceWagon.
HOLY CRAP! Scared me for a second.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have wheels like that in the corner of my garage with good tires on them make you a good deal on them but I won't ship them. they are 14x? fat ones in back normal in front, they won't fit my car because of the disc brakes in front

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HOLY CRAP! Scared me for a second.
It's insane what you can do with Photoshop, isn't it. I was actually going to post yours with a white roof, but someone beat me to it.

Did you notice I also 'jacked' it up in the rear. ;)

I kinda like it... it looks mean.

DW

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have wheels like that in the corner of my garage with good tires on them make you a good deal on them but I won't ship them. they are 14x? fat ones in back normal in front, they won't fit my car because of the disc brakes in front
Sorry man, 2 things.. I live in NY, and Illinios is a bit out of the usual 2 hr range to buy parts from...

and the other is that I also have disc brakes on my car. Although I am surprised the rims did not fit, as a few other guys have posted 14" rims with front disc brakes as well. Must not be enough set-back?

DW

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not sure why they hit but they did, i bought the set up from mgchevyparts on ebay oh come on man 15 hours drive for wheels too much for ya, don't worry about it me too. I built my first 2 dr wagon in watertown NY

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
It's insane what you can do with Photoshop, isn't it. I was actually going to post yours with a white roof, but someone beat me to it.

Did you notice I also 'jacked' it up in the rear. ;)

I kinda like it... it looks mean.

DW
I thought it was raised up, but wasn't sure if that was just wheel placement. I honestly like a level stance, but to each his own. Wagons always look cool, so you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks cool. That's what I wanted to do to my 64 wagon but now I need to sell it. Need the cash to buy a daily driver, work took away my company car. This economy and all the cutbacks companies have to make sucks. At least I still have my job.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you sure you can't stow that baby away and just get a cheapo *** car for work.

I'd hate to see/hear that you had to get rid of it. Wagons are getting harder to come by lately.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Have you thought about not jacking the car up and using Rally rims with police car center caps and no trim rings? Someone is selling a CPP 2" front lowering kit in the classifieds for a screaming deal.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like cragars and ralleys with the moon caps and rings both so either way. As for flat black, I can't stand it but that is just my oppinion. It's WAY over done I think but again, that's just my oppinion. Either way, it's a wagon and wagons are cool!!! :cool:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice paint job, what kind of paint is that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts