Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a while since I was able to let the fellow Nova owners know the situation with my Nova. Just to refresh, the body and frame on this car was in horrible shape.

And here are some images just before it left for the body shop:

Well, today the body shop has made some serious progress in fixing the previous body work:

Hope you enjoy the images:D

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Looks like you're in it for the long haul!!:yes:

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mike I love the interests you listed on your profile! LMFAO :yes:
Did I mention beer ? :D

Mike T,

That color for now is classified but I did choose a color from the 1969 model year Nova, if that's as clear as mud.. so to speak:D[/QUOTE]

10-4.:cool: What is the eta on finishing a project lie that?

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Where is the upper rear roof channel from, is it repop or a donor piece?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Mike T,

Ray told me about another 2-3 weeks to finish up the body work then it will be ready to come home.

TAZ,

That piece is from a donor car out of Arizona. I contacted Desert Valley Auto Parts, ( the same guys who do that show Desert Valley Auto Kings ) a couple of months ago and made a deal on a chopped up 69 Nova. It cost $275 and that included shipping to my door. I ordered most, if not all, of the upper rear portion of the roof line near the rear windshield. The piece was 6-8" wide to include the windshield channel and as you can see, Ray cut the piece to fit. I did contact AMD and a couple more aftermarket parts places to inform them that they could use my piece as a template so they can just make a replacement panel vice buying a complete roof. But, nobody said "yes, that's a great idea" and so I had to continue on with my car.

Dan

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Trim looking good....

Today, I started to clean up the front and rear windshield stainless and here's the result:

In this picture, you can see in my reflection the spot where I stopped and started to buff out the 30+ year old scratches.

I'm using a Dewalt 1/2 drill in a vise with some buffing compounds that I purchased at Lowes and a local jewelry shop to get most of the scratches out. As far as the minute dents, I leave them in to show just a little age to them and to let the judges know that this is "factory" trim and not aftermarket junk...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It's painted one color.. for now

Here are some updated shots from the body shop today. The shop owner told me today that the car will be done by the end of this week or early next week. PLUS, I picked up my rebuilt 200-4R tranny today and this tranny has a nice rebuild package in it:
http://www.ckperformance.com/resources/GM2004RREBUILDKITS.html
The kit I used was the 24RRK/C and this is one of the better kits I've found with the research I conducted. I don't know the feel of the shifts as of yet since the car isn't road worthy as of yet. As part of the agreement I have with the shop that rebuilt the tranny, I will let them adjust the shift pattern and the T.V. cable to the way I drive so I don't screw up anything.

Now, onto the eye candy:D

·
Registered
776 Posts
i hope my 70 comes together as well as yours is looking. i took mine to the bodyshop a couple weeks ago. he said he'll have it a couple weeks to get the quarters and tail light panel welded on and line up all the body panels and get it in primer, then i'll bring it back home put an engine and trans. put in, wire it and plumb it, then back to him in the spring.
http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x333/cam_head/

1 - 20 of 305 Posts