Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought these nice valve covers for my 66,but can't get them on, they hit a bump in firewall that covers wiper trans.Tonite I was at the car show and saw 2 =67's(same,same 66)and there engines were at least 2 inches lower than mine allowing much room so that these covers would fit easily.What gives, do I have the wrong mounts or do I have the wrong supports that bolt to frame then ,to the mounts which bolt to block. May be I have 6 cyl ones,don't know if my car came with 6 or 283 as I have a 116 vin on on firewall tag but 115 on vin tag,they say this was done alot as they needed more V-8 cars so they exchanged engines on some latter 66's letting the option tag show that car left dealer with v-8 engine. Anyone know how to get my engine down does anyone have a set of these supports,that go from mount to frame?get back to me PLEASE....Does anyone know if the 6cyl frame mounts bolt up but cause this problem any ideas?...

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
You probably have the wrong frame mounts would be my guess...Check with some of the guy's here..They might have the correct ones..Check with John Piccola..Thats who I got mine from..I have the eddy tall aluminum covers on my 66..They fit nice..plenty of room....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You're halfway there...now, all you need to do is cut out the firewall and move the block back about 3.5 inches. :devil:
Sure, tell him the easy way to do it.....

pops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts