Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've way too much time on my hands now due to our governor's "safer at home" order, I've found lots of new things to do on the computer. With nothing to lose, I entered my (our) Nova in GMClassics Featured Nova section. My story must have been interesting enough for them to pursue it further, as they requested more and better quality pics as well as a more comprehensive story. By this time I was no longer nibbling at the hook, but going all out for it. I was caught completely off guard when they sent me a link to the submission with the news that it would be in their May newsletter. I'm humbled by the honor, and proud that my story will be seen by countless (Nova) car lovers. They encouraged me to put the link here on Steve's Nova Site. Moderators: Not sure if this is OK, but move it elsewhere if it needs to be, Thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
Agree with you, Andrew.
My favourite snap was #10 of 17. May have been the low lighting but that shot made her stand out for me. Nice story and ride, Frank! Enjoy retirement.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,015 Posts
That is really cool. I guess when you find a good thing you try to hold on to it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice car Frank and great write up. Would like to see under the hood pics. Especially the TCS solenoid mounting if you still have it hooked up. I bought my Nova from my high school buddy who bought it new in 71. At some point he got new cragar SS 14x7 rims for his birthday but never did get them installed so they came with the car. One of the first things I did was put new BFG tires and mounted them on the new rims. They didnt fit front or back. Not enough clearance.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,536 Posts
Hey Frank, Great story... along with the cool photos!
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree with you, Andrew.
My favourite snap was #10 of 17. May have been the low lighting but that shot made her stand out for me. Nice story and ride, Frank! Enjoy retirement.
Thanks for the compliments. That particular pic is one of my wife's favorites too. It was taken a couple of years back at Gus's Drive In, one of our local cruise events. F

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice car Frank and great write up. Would like to see under the hood pics. Especially the TCS solenoid mounting if you still have it hooked up. I bought my Nova from my high school buddy who bought it new in 71. At some point he got new cragar SS 14x7 rims for his birthday but never did get them installed so they came with the car. One of the first things I did was put new BFG tires and mounted them on the new rims. They didnt fit front or back. Not enough clearance.
Thanks for the compliments too. I don't have any pics of the engine compartment just because it's all stock and hasn't been cleaned up much. I replaced the quadrajet with a spreadbore Holley early on, so I don't have one that would show what you're looking for. Sorry. F

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,760 Posts
……….… Frank , again ; (y)(y)(y) ……. 🆒 ……. jim

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,091 Posts
Great post and article! awsome Nova good for you. Car guy stories are way cool. The decisions you made early on like why you chose the 350 TH make a good read.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everybody for the positive compliments. I'm still getting used to the reality of the whole experience, and honored for sure. Hoping that everybody who owns a 3rd gen shares in the fun; it's a great car to own.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
congrats on getting selected, thats better than being picked best of show at a car show.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Another great story! thanks Dana.
How does that old adage go? "If you truly love something, let it go. If it comes back.... you now have a project!"
Yeah, that's it!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,536 Posts
I love a good Nova story with a happy ending 😥 😀
Dana, Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great Story...Here's mine
I read this story on the GMClassic website, and thought to myself that this Dana is a lucky guy. He too still has his Nova, and it means more to him because he really had to do it the hard way. So Dana, we have a couple of things in common. We are the original owners and we still have our Novas, we are members of SNS, we have been honored to share our stories for other car enthusiasts to read, and we get to brag and show off what we liked in cars 50 years ago. We are so very lucky that we can go out in the garage, sit in the car, go back in time, and immerse ourselves in memories. Much better than looking through a photo album! 🍻

Reactions: dgassa
1 - 20 of 26 Posts