Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the dogdish look, and the 275/60's fit just right and look great, but the fronts have too little sidewall and make the front look the nose is pointing sky high :rolleyes:

I was shooting for somewhat of a big/little look, and got the fronts for only $20 for the pair, so I am thinking about switching springs. Either way, for now it will sit this way, as I now am facing the fact the 454 must be at least torn down to the short block :(

I found puddles of anti-freeze again under the car. It does not seem to puddle when the car is running, only after it sits for a while after running. So I am praying for a blown head gasket and not a cracked head or block. If it is a cheap 350 will take its place for now and must get different springs in the front :eek:

I was not wild about orange in the first place, but it is starting to grow on me..... :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Can you put some air to the system and see where it is leaking? That would be the first thing I'd do....save alot of work. :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
nogo..why not try the 2 inch drop spindles with the new springs?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
nogo..why not try the 2 inch drop spindles with the new springs?
I am not sure if I want to drop it too much as I want decent header clearance as Minnesota is pot-hole city.

Can you put some air to the system and see where it is leaking? That would be the first thing I'd do....save alot of work. :yes:
I tried that twice last fall and the pressure did not drop. It held for ten minutes then popped out of the radiator and blew anti-freeze everywhere including my mouth...... and yes, anti-freeze does taste sweet :rolleyes: , oh, and it leaks out of my exhaust, so it is internal.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts