Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few pics of my new ride. After many months of negotiating I finally got this sweet 78 Nova. I found it at a pawn shop, of all places, and other than expired belts it seems to be ready for the drag strip. The owner of the shop took it in but neglected to get the book from the last owner with all the build specs so a lot of what's in it remains uncertain. I kept telling him that the info in the book would make the car more appealing and valuable. He said he repeatedly tried contact the guy but got no response and he wouldn't give me the contact info. It is in very nice shape as you can see in the pics. I'll post more as I get them. The underside of the car is just as nice as the top side!

Here is what I know about it so far;

406 c.i. smallblock
hooker headers w/ bullet mufflers
turbo 400 w/ trans brake
12 bolt rear
all MSD ignition, box, dist, 2 step, rpm activated air shifter
Cheatah shifter
elec water pump & fan
Holley 4 bbl carb

·
14,585 Posts
Welcome to the site. That's a nice looking car you picked up. Did you get the trailer with it? My 72 was purchased from a pawn shop also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had the trailer from when I had a bigblock 81 Malibu race car. The spoiler is kinda funky looking. I think it might be from an 1st gen. camaro. I'll leave rather than mess with filling in the holes that mount it. The tail lights are strange at best. I want to replace those with the stockers when I find a set at a good price. My hold getting to the track is that I need to get something big enough to tow with again, my 4cyl Tacoma gets good mpg but can't tow much.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm sure when you show up at your local drag strip that someone will let you know it was theirs. Once a drag racer always a racer. They may be nice about it and give you the scoop and again who knows. Anyway looks like a lot of fun.
You may also run the VIN #'s through your state and find the last owner if you did not get a title from the pawn shop. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts