Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here folks we have my new car, a 1964 Acadian Beaumont, could possibly even be a sport deluxe, we'll see. I'm shocked as there aren't many 64 acadian beaumonts out there and info is scarce. The car is missing the chrome trim on the front fender/door. I'm going to start looking now. The car was originally from van. Island, Victoria to be exact. The car is amazingly solid, very little to no rust. Worst is the hood. I plan on contacting GM, but for those of you that can decode trim tags:
style 9411 2-1-29
body no. 803052
paint R
trim 932
B7GM35
I'm thinking of all the questions to start asking, but first I have to let this new purchase sink in. Cheers everyone.:beer:
http://photobucket.com/albums/e132/1fasbu/?action=view&current=100_0380.jpg

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Welcome to the site. Good looking ride!
The car isn't a Beaumont, they looked like chevelles in '64. Probably a Canso. The '63 beaumont parts fit and you may have some on your ride.
Your numbers decode:
style 9411: Canso 2drsdn could be a 6cyl or V8 (GM documents will clarify)
Paint R: Probably red but I don't know for sure...
Trim (interior) 932: Don't know, if car was red it is probably fawn or red
B70: padded dash
M35: powerglide transmission

Let us know your GM info when it comes in.
Dan

·
Registered
254 Posts
definitely not a '64 acadian beaumont...

but the front grill is for a 1964 acadian
and the post body style makes it an invader or canso.

hope it helps.

also ,in 1964 no acadian (chevy II body)were made in the hardtop model
however that body style came back for 1965.

if i am wrong for the 1964 hdtp absence in that year, please correct me

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
veeeery interesting

I can't wait for my info now, my ICBC paperwork lists this car as make"pontiac", model"beaut", body style"2 DSDN". This is so cool trying to figure stuff like this out!:) The car appears unmolested, apparantly the story is this young kid bought it from a little old lady, blew up the three speed, and put in a th350. The clutch pedal is still in the car and the steering column has the linkage on it. Oh well, we'll see what comes back.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Nice solid looking car ya got there 1fasbu. What are the plans for it?

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
64 Acadian

If there weren't any Hardtops or Convertibles built in 1964 than apparently there weren't any Sport Deluxe cars built??
This new car should be either a Canso or Invader 2dr sedan. My question then is what trim should it have??
In 63 the Canso only had a nameplate on the door. The Invader being cheapest had next to no trim except a nameplate.
Should this car have the ACADIAN trim on the hood??
Should it have the wide moulding on the front fender??
Should it have the chrome trim on the top front of each fender??
Should it have the engine emblem on the bottom of the front fender??

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
If it's an Invader...... it should have the "Invader" name on both front door panels!!

Bogie

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
fore-speed said:
If there weren't any Hardtops or Convertibles built in 1964 than apparently there weren't any Sport Deluxe cars built??
This new car should be either a Canso or Invader 2dr sedan. My question then is what trim should it have??
In 63 the Canso only had a nameplate on the door. The Invader being cheapest had next to no trim except a nameplate.
Should this car have the ACADIAN trim on the hood??
Should it have the wide moulding on the front fender??
Should it have the chrome trim on the top front of each fender??
Should it have the engine emblem on the bottom of the front fender??
The Canso or Invader emblem was on the rear quarter in '64.
I don't know if the car had an Acadian nameplate on the hood, it should have one on the grille though if I remember correctly.
There should be a wide molding on the fender and half way on the door which narrows to a long thin point at the end of the rear quarter.
No trim on top of the fender.
There should be an engine emblem on the lower front fender behing the front wheel.
Dan

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Acadian(new car)

I think what this this is someone at ICBC entering the information incorrectly. I was under the impression that there was an Acadian(chevyII platform) and Acadian full size platform:confused: . Don't get me wrong, this car needs a resto. The body is in awesome shape, however you know things have been changed. After all, the car is over fourty years old, "everybody had their turn" ring a bell? The interior needs work, all the panels have the diamond shaped vinyl glued onto them:eek: . As mentioned, the tranny was a peanutbutter drive(I thought was a three sp stan.). Now that I think of it in that regard, I think someone had a four speed in the car and put a th350 in to get by. The clutch pedal is still there. Now that I'm a little smarter, I'd have to say 66_canso is right, this will turn out to be a canso. Actually I don't care what it is, I going to make it mine.
Four speed- You are asking all the questions that I asked when looking for other cars like this. Where are the fender spears? What about the trim holes? Why would someone drill these holes unless they have the trim?
63AKDN-plans are a four speed with 295hp/327. STOCK, STOCK, STOCK. Black interior, still debating outer colour with wife. Wife says purple, I'm partial to butternut. It really depends if I go for collectors plates or not. Oh ya, AC!!!!
I'm uploading some more pics, I enjoy all responses. Anything anyone can tell me about these cars is something I probably didn't know. Does that make sense??:)
Are these seats from a 67?
Where is the antenna? Radio delete maybe?
Notice the hood? I thought that these hood pins were a factory thing, but now I realize someone just drilled through the support plate for the rubber stopper. I think.????
Why is there no "Acadian" across the hood??
Where are the fender emblems??Can someone give me a pic of what these look like??
Anyone want some corvette valve covers? Maybe they'll end up on my truck:) .
Notice the trim holes beside the rear taillights?
Thanks everyone!!! P.S> I now realize that you don't have to post each picture!!!!!:eek:
http://photobucket.com/albums/e132/1fasbu/?action=view&current=100_0381.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/e132/1fasbu/?action=view&current=100_0398.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/e132/1fasbu/?action=view&current=100_0392.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/e132/1fasbu/?action=view&current=100_0388.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/e132/1fasbu/?action=view&current=100_0386.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/e132/1fasbu/?action=view&current=100_0382.jpg

·
13,706 Posts
Great car, 1fasbu :) . Very few 64 Acadian Canso 2 door posts around. As 66Canso stated in his earlier post, your car is a Canso model (9411) and originally came with a powerglide tranny (M35).
You asked about the holes between the tail lights and the trunk lid. The Canso models had a wide, bright diecast spanning the full width of the trunk. Those holes are for the small extension pieces that continued the look through to the tail lights. However, the small Acadian nameplate indicates your trunk lid is a swap from an Invader model which didn't have the diecast. Also, your grill appears to be from a 63 Acadian with the 'A' moved from the driver side of the grill to the centre.
Just for further info, the 63 Acadian Canso and Invader models had Acadian script across the front of the hood, but 64s did not. The 64s also did not have chrome spears on the top front of the fenders. As for the radio, they were options. Your car might not have been ordered with one originally or if it was, the fender with the antenna hole could have been replaced over the years. Is there some kind of antenna for the present radio?
Hope this info with all the rest that is being provided is of value to you.
Bob

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Acadian(new car)

Thanks so much for the info Cdn79. What is your take on the seats? Do you think these are original? Will my info from GM tell me this?(bucket/bench?) Where would I begin to look for the trim down the sides/trunk? I think that I'd like to find this trim, I'm not a trim person but I do like the looks of it. Where on the car would it have the trim/script "Canso"? I'll have to check on the radio antenna thing(good idea). If I was going to visit a car show in the lower mainland one time this year which one would you suggest? Are there normally alot of Acadians at the shows down there?? Thanks for all the replies.:)

·
13,706 Posts
1fasbu said:
Thanks so much for the info Cdn79. What is your take on the seats? Do you think these are original? Will my info from GM tell me this?(bucket/bench?) Where would I begin to look for the trim down the sides/trunk? I think that I'd like to find this trim, I'm not a trim person but I do like the looks of it. Where on the car would it have the trim/script "Canso"? I'll have to check on the radio antenna thing(good idea). If I was going to visit a car show in the lower mainland one time this year which one would you suggest? Are there normally alot of Acadians at the shows down there?? Thanks for all the replies.:)
The original seats in your car would have been cloth/vinyl bench. There were no buckets in 64 Acadian Cansos or Invaders. Also, there was no black interior. Colors were red, blue, aqua, fawn and saddle.
Side trim for your car isn't reproduced. It will not be easy to find because I don't think many 2 door 64 Cansos were built. Obviously, the door and rear quarter trim will be different lengths than a 4 door sedan or wagon. I would try the Parts Wanted on this site for a start. The 64 Canso script emblem is on the rear quarter.
The 2 car shows with the most Acadians would be the Fathers Day show in Mission June 18 and the Langley Cruise-in on Sep 9th. Because these are basically show 'n shines you don't just get show cars, but lots that aren't restored. I've seen lots of Acadians at both shows, but don't remember any 64 Canso 2 doors.
Bob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts