Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my new Air Pan that was fabbed up tonight

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is a nice looking pan ............ and the car looks like it wants to eat someone :devil: :yes:
Thanks, I hope to be out for the 1st. this weekend after making several changes.

Phil

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sweet ............. video is a must ............... so why did you do the air pan are you going for better air movement ive never really understood airpans could you inliten my a little

·
Registered
562 Posts
i believe with a cowl hood you make a use of the low speed air that sits in the cowl area, also its fresh cool air to enter the engine rather than air being heated going through your radiator. it also blocks heat coming off the motor.

p.s. it makes for a nice tool :Dtray

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
hmmm gives me an idea ........ :yes: hey gear jammer how do you mount something like that and are you going to use a filter

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i believe with a cowl hood you make a use of the low speed air that sits in the cowl area, also its fresh cool air to enter the engine rather than air being heated going through your radiator. it also blocks heat coming off the motor.

p.s. it makes for a nice tool :Dtray
Cody you are right, I don't know what I will yield as I'm sure it will change all my jetting and air bleeds.

hmmm gives me an idea ........ :yes: hey gear jammer how do you mount something like that and are you going to use a filter
Mine was made to rest on the carb where the breather gasket would be with a 90* turn down that rest on the lip of the cowl panel. I will have a gasket sealing material that will also seal to the bottom of the hood, so it is all locked in place between the carb and the hood. I will be able to use my filter as well when I street drive the car.

I will post more pictures once its all done, last night was a long night!!!

Phil

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
zip tie

i think i'd zip tie the spark plug boots to the carb vent tubes ,,, maybe connect a hose between them , cut a hole in the top of the hose to atmospheric

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How many volts does the coil have to put out to jump that gap?
i think i'd zip tie the spark plug boots to the carb vent tubes ,,, maybe connect a hose between them , cut a hole in the top of the hose to atmospheric

LOL guys, I dont run with them on I just put them on the other day for giggles

Phil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts