Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new 67 sedan- LSX project -lots of pics

This is how it came:

wont judge you Juan

After some paint with aerosol cans:

front clip mounted
any ideas as to why it would sag in the front but be high on the passenger rear? it has newish shocks in the rear but i looks like the same old factory monos
:

Bituthene just mocked over the floor:

any ideas on plan of attack? its the bottom right part of the windshield channel. Ive heard of rustbusters but not sure if that would help.

I plan to keep the cage, but with the bench seat:devil:

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Hey nice project. As far as the rott on the window area,maybe find a donor and remove this section. I had to do both sides on my 65. Both sides also needed some repair to the area under this..

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
"any ideas as to why it would sag in the front but be high on the passenger rear? it has newish shocks in the rear but i looks like the same old factory monos"

Measure the front. At the bottom of the upper spring cup down to the bottom of the spring mount area. Use the exact points on both sides. Yer pass side front spring may be pushing it up. If you get a variation in measurements push down that high side the ammount of difference and see if that levels it out. If they are the same. Do the same in the rear. Right at the spring mounts or close to them. Two solid points that you can compare to rule out the springs. If the springs are settled equally from side to side you may have a twist in the body. JR

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Im pretty sure dale @ novasrus.com has donor pillars, and window channels.

Looks like a cool project, are you keeping it blue? i love blue sedans.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to try to save as much of the blue paint as possible, a buffing will do just fine.:D

Donor parts will probably be option number 1, and i will measure the sag on the weekend and see if i can find anything. Thanks guys:cool:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I am going to try to save as much of the blue paint as possible, a buffing will do just fine.:D

Donor parts will probably be option number 1, and i will measure the sag on the weekend and see if i can find anything. Thanks guys:cool:
The fire wall looks like it had the crap beat out of it. Looks like some floor patches too, it probably sagged. Where the rots at in the channel i wouldnt worry too much because its covered by the windshield rubber. It might be where there was mud, or lead from the factory and that cracked.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i will just fill the cracked area with 3M weatherstrip adhesive to ensure no leaks. We beat the firewall because os some damage it has received prior, looks like the car was kept in a dry climate for the most part.:D

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Was the car square and level when you welded in the new crossmember? Seems like you should already know what the problem was and corrected it before welding in the front clip.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was the car square and level when you welded in the new crossmember? Seems like you should already know what the problem was and corrected it before welding in the front clip.
its a bolt on front clip (TCI). i didnt not know if there was going to be any problems pertaining to the frame until this point, the car was \on its nose when i went to go look at it. I am not a frame guy so i don't know much but once the car can move under its own power i will drive it to a frame shop just in case.:eek:

Its a learning experience for me, from finding bad deals to dropping a new distributor in.:D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thought i'd put up some new pics of the car:

OUT WITH THE OLD

In with the new:

We were going to try to make the camaro manifolds work but headers seemed the best way to go. i will get some pics of those homemade headers when we make them.

Total ground clearance for the truck pan and 2in. drop spindles.

The front of the pan needs to get notched to clear the manual rack

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
but its soo much easier to cut and weld than pay 200 for a pan and pickup.:D rather use that money to buy tubing and a saw to make the headers.:cool:

Chad, i need your skills and that blue 67 with the IRS hahah :devil:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Juan

Is he really gay??!?!??! The IRS was neat but it didnt do it for me. I would rather have a car I could drive and not have to spend a month on the bottom side of the car after a 20min drive.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mo' pics

Pic of the engine, switched to a non EGR intake, BUT it is not drive by wire:( that can be fixed with some inserts to accomodate the bolts that hold the throttle cable bracket.

Where the truck pan was cut for the Rack & Pinion.

The 2- 4'' speaker where the stock radio speaker was.

What the interior looks like but just imagine that it will be clean with the gauges mounted in place of the stock radio. and an new AC system from classicautoair.com :D

And the total clearance i have for my Hurst V-matic 2

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Pic of the engine, switched to a non EGR intake, BUT it is not drive by wire:( that can be fixed with some inserts to accomodate the bolts that hold the throttle cable bracket.
Now all you need on there is a little Maggie to wake her up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts