Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday night I took delivery of a 1966 SS (V-8) w/Fawn interior option - although the drivetrain and interior is gone:( . I've wanted one of these beautiful cars for almost 20 yrs (since I was about 12) and now I finally own one. I'm stationed at Edwards AFB in Antelope Valley, CA - so if you're in the area drop me a line.

Here she is:

I want to get it driving a soon as possible - so if you're in SoCal and have a tired, but running V8 or auto tranny that needs a good home, I need one.

Missing:
Engine
Tranny
Interior
Bumpers
Windshield

Short Term:
Get it running

Long Term:
TCI Coilover front clip
TCI Rear clip
EFI 350
700r4 tranny
shaved doors (what is the best/highest quality kit)
Vent windows gone (1 piece solid door glass)
Custom interior w/
Acura Navigation
HUD display

I have lofty goals, but this car will only appreciate.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I'm guessing that you got up a minimum 2 times per night to check the garage, just to make sure its really there right?! Dream come true! Good for you! I went for midnight drives just to make sure it was real when I 1st got my car.:beer: Cheers!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I just got into the 66 world myself. Yours looks a little better off then mine did.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Hey Bryan !!!

Welcome to the Site... Edwards is not too far from me. if i happen to get a line on any of the pieces yer looking for i'll drop ya a line... (engine, tranny stuff)

another member in our area is "DrDenny's 69 rat", maybe when our local car meets get into gear we can hook up and BS a bit... or a trip to LACR ???

if ya get a mind fer a little driving ta hook up and BS... there's lotsa guys who get together "almost" every Saturday at the "Donut Shoppe" which is at Adams & Magnolia streets in Huntington Beach... they hook up pretty early for us though... they get goin' at 530-600AM to 9am (i've been there a couple times, i have ta leave the house at about 330am ta get there on time) but it's worth the trip ;)

on the occasions i've made the run to the Donut Shoppe, i've tried to take advantage of my trip and get 2 birdies with one rock... Classic Industries is about 10 minutes away from the DS, so i'd hook up with the guys and get some parts for my project same day...

i wish ya well and look forward ta someday hookin' up :D

John :D

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Just curious about the Paint color with the Fawn interior? Enjoy restoring it, that is the coolest part when you bring something back to its former glory.

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Welcome to the site! I also have recently purchased a '66 coupe although mine is not a super sport. My sister lives out your way in Saugus. Would love to work on getting my car together drive out to see you but I'm like you, still need a full mod! Are you going to build a dragger or a G-car?:beer:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the comments. The car was originally Sandalwood Tan w/Fawn interior. I'm going to rebuild it with very clean lines. I'm not a big fan of chrome, so it'll be minimali as far as that goes. I may even go for a dull black/grey paint job with a blue hand painted pin stripe between the 2 colors. The theme is classic with 2006 convenience. I love my Nova and I'm glad I found this site, 'cause I'm gonna need it to get it on the road.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
42 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts