Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My New 17in Vintage Wheel Works V40 (Up Date with new Pictures)

I just rececived my new 17in Vintage Wheel Works V40 wheels on Friday and I did a quick test fit today and all I can say is WOW! I love the way they look! Here's a few pictures.:D Looking to buy some tires on Monday. So what do you think!

·
Premium Member
62' Sedan Tempe, AZ
1,777 Posts
Cartoon has it right, "WICKED" is exactly the same word that popped in my head when I looked @ the pic. They look great! I'll run something like that on mine too, love that sharp edge in the spoke, but with a darker center and in 15 for mine.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Tires? Why do you need them? Just tighten those 2 or 3 lugnuts down and let 'er eat!

Seriously, though, I love those wheels and am really considering getting them for the wagon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comps guys! As for you question 1badnov, I don't thinks so, I bought this car in La Crescenta Ca in 1994 from the original owner, and really can remember what the mans name was, I do remember at that time the man I bought it from was pushing 70 + years old. He had it in the family since 1962. I bought it for a really fair price of 600.00 buck!:D Its come a long ways since then.:D

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Your wheels look great! I was out and about with my V48s yesterday:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey NOGO, What size tires did you end up with, front and rear and name brand of tire. I'm still up in the air with the fronts tire size, 225 or 215/45/17, really want the 225's. Rear tire is going to be 235/50/17. By the way, I like the way the V45 look on your 67!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Hey NOGO, What size tires did you end up with, front and rear and name brand of tire. I'm still up in the air with the fronts tire size, 225 or 215/45/17, really want the 225's. Rear tire is going to be 235/50/17. By the way, I like the way the V45 look on your 67!!!!:D
Those look really good I like the color with the white.:yes:

What size and BS are the wheels? I went with 215/ 40's up front and could probably fit 225's. Ended up with 225/ 40's in the rear because the 245's would not fit. 235's might be pretty tight depending on your BS. Looking forward to seeing it on the ground, are the tires that all you lack to drive?

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I have 215-45-17 front and 245-45-17 rear tires. The tires are Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec and they stick like glue! It looks like you have an aftermarket front clip- I believe you can fit a 225 up front with no rubbing in a clip car, but not with a stock front end.

BTW- the best price I found on the tires was at www.tirerack.com

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those look really good I like the color with the white.:yes:

What size and BS are the wheels? I went with 215/ 40's up front and could probably fit 225's. Ended up with 225/ 40's in the rear because the 245's would not fit. 235's might be pretty tight depending on your BS. Looking forward to seeing it on the ground, are the tires that all you lack to drive?
Up front I went with 4in back space, in the rear I went with a 3.75, but I do have a ford 9in rear that has been narrowed down 1in over all. I'm pretty sure the 235/50/17 will work because the wheels that I'm replacing are 235/60/15, and according to a couple of wheel people that I have spoke with they are almost identical in width and height.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 215-45-17 front and 245-45-17 rear tires. The tires are Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec and they stick like glue! It looks like you have an aftermarket front clip- I believe you can fit a 225 up front with no rubbing in a clip car, but not with a stock front end.

BTW- the best price I found on the tires was at www.tirerack.com
Thanks NOGO, man still trying to talk myself into the 225! Ya! I'll do it, hell it's only money!!!!!!!!:jumping:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Oh yeah!! They look perfect with the white paint. Very nice!!! JR

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update, here's some new pictures of the wheels and tires on me 62 Nova. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I went with the 225/45/17 up front and 235/50/17 in the rear and they fit perfect. No rubbing at all, now I'm thinking of lowering it just a little more all the way around. So guys what do you think.:D

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Cartoon has it right, "WICKED" is exactly the same word that popped in my head when I looked @ the pic. They look great! I'll run something like that on mine too, love that sharp edge in the spoke, but with a darker center and in 15 for mine.
Vintage wheel won't have them for you then. Your only choice will be the Team III wheel. Definitely post pics if you get them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts