Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here are a few pics. of my motor and how it is progressing. These pics. were taken as I was test fitting the supercharger assy. I am still debating on the water pump I want to use (electric or mechanical) so that is why it appears as it does. The alternator will be mounted on the lower block portion of the driver's side. Doing a break-in of a few 100 miles to seat everything before adding the blower portion but should be there in another month or so. New valve covers and plug wires have already been installed. I just had them on to do the initial runup on an engine stand.

It is a 540 9:1 compression with 427 closed chamber heads, hyd. cam, 1.7 rockers and a F2 procharger with intercooler.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
That's a lot of motor!!!! I bet it'll be a real runner when it's done!

Kev

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, intercooler is already mounted in the car, it was a really tight fit but it is in there. If it wasn't for the fiberglass bumpers it would have really been tough as I had to trim on the lower edge, nothing noticeable from the front but it just wouldn't quite fit. It is 15lbs of boost.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a street car with some limited drag use, as for goals, I do not have any yet, no real idea what it will do.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

PM sent, have more pics. I can send you. You can see how much I had to cut to get open surface area for air circulation for it and the radiator. That is not the radiator I am using, it will be a 33" Be Cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts