Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to compile your thoughts. I just am about finished with my latest creation 66 Nova ls2 6spd 12 bolt. I have painted it flat black with black interior(2005 gto seats front and back). I am going with flat black smooth bumpers(no bolt heads showing) I am thinking about taking all chrome and having it coated black chrome to be different. Grill,head ,tail light bezels,all window side stainless,etc. Car has no side trim. Should I go flat black like car,shiney black or black chrome??? Was thinking of adding black chrome wheels later and the trim would be a nice accent. Yours comment will be greatly appreciated!!! Pics of car to follow tonite :yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I am trying to compile your thoughts. I just am about finished with my latest creation 66 Nova ls2 6spd 12 bolt. I have painted it flat black with black interior(2005 gto seats front and back). I am going with flat black smooth bumpers(no bolt heads showing) I am thinking about taking all chrome and having it coated black chrome to be different. Grill,head ,tail light bezels,all window side stainless,etc. Car has no side trim. Should I go flat black like car,shiney black or black chrome??? Was thinking of adding black chrome wheels later and the trim would be a nice accent. Yours comment will be greatly appreciated!!! Pics of car to follow tonite :yes::yes::yes:
I think a little bit of chrome is nice. Personaly I think everything one color looks gaudy.

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
I like the flat or semi-gloss look. I don't like the black chrome on the all black car. How about this, all the chrome that you are talking about nickle plated? That is the last process before applying the chrome except in this case there would be no chrome.

I was recently at SoCal speed shops in Pamona and seen one of their 66 chevelles that they built and it was all black with the bumpers, molding etc. done in nickle plating, Man alive that was sweet. It is kind of like a brushed stainless look.:yes:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Are we talking about the gasser car, or another project?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
66 Nova 2 dr hard top

It is a different car it is a hardtop with the Rat Rod look.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pics of the progress

Here are some quick pics I have of her

·
Registered
397 Posts
How bad was it fitting those seats in? Especially the rear one?

Car looks great!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seats

They were no fun!!! The front floors had to be lowered and the rear seats had to be sectioned to fit in the car. I will tell you what these are the best seats GM every made.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I bet they were no fun! I bought a 2000 Z28 about 4 years ago and was actually going to buy a new Goat instead and drove one for a day. It was the nicest GM interior I had ever seen, and the seats were badassery. I was hoping to do the same after seeing yours, but I am going to be doing good to get the darned 4-bar and everything installed in time for me to enjoy it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
trim

Now seeing the car what trim should I go with???

Stock chrome

satin black(like car)

black chrome

:yes::yes::no::no::confused::confused:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think a touch of chrome would do it right. My vote is chrome.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Well... you asked for opinions, so here it goes...

To me, the whole "rat rod" thing, and expensive guages, pedals, seats, etc. are completely different themes that clash. I'd put a nice paint job on the car, and FOR SURE I would not black out ANY chrome. If the flat black must stay, leave all the chrome trim.

It's a beatiful car either way, but I sure think it DESERVES a REAL paint job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool seats got the same in my 67 wagon. Still fitting the rears. I think i will have to fab my own seat back so i can fold the seat down. I'll try to take pic and share.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Hey!! I know that color :) I love those seats. Looks comfy!!!

Ok, now Im not gonna keep my satin black for too long, maybe only till I can wrap everything else up, ok, so may be many years LOL Im slow. But I will drive it like that for awhile.

I have new chrome bumpers, and the trim at the top of the door panel, where your arm rests if you have the window down and yer elbow is resting on the door, I think its aluminum, shines up to a nice satin.

Other than that, no shiny stuff, oh, billet grille and aluminum wheels. But all the rest is shaved and black. I like that look. Just a lil shine. Black on black is nice, specially if its "chrome black". But, IMO, too much black. Small accents of shine are nice to set it off a lil. JR

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts