Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to Greer yesterday to help a couple friends who always help me as well as hang out with some other buds. It is terrible hot and on the humid side with Carolina blue skies so the track is slick as owl snot. Everyone goes up for the Dash for cash and Bobby runs a 6.000 on a 6.0 dial but totaly misses the tree with a .049 light. Another racer we know won the Dash for Cash with a .003 package. He got 100 bucks for that. Then everyone goes up for first round. Bobby wins his match. Ricky B/O by 4/100s on the brakes and loses a double B/O match. Danny goes out and loses with a .00 light running dead on his dial. The other guy was just 00 and dead on better. Shane redlights .002 and loses. David has a .018 light to the other mans .017 light. David run a 5.577 on a 5.57 dial and the other guy runs a 5.223 off a 5.22 for the win so David loses being .1 and dead on. Danny and Shane both BB but David is unemployed and loads his up and Ricky is working short hours and his wife lost her job so he too loads up. Shane and Danny go up for the BB round. They both win that and advance to the second round with Bobby. Then all three get wooped running dead on with 00 lights. I have never seen so many guys get beat with great packages.........LOL. It was crazy! We all ended up at Petes to eat tired anf hot. My friends are all losers and we came home early........LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Key word is you'll came home! You all sound like a great bunch of losers though!LOL!!:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
wow them cars are dialed to be losers looks like you and your friends are great losers and happy ones at that :yes: :D :devil:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said, they are losers........LOL. Who the heck would have thought they could all get loaded with packages like that???? Pretty freaky for all of them to get loaded so they must be losers........LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Is this a product of push button electronic controlled racing?

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Come on up if you want another loser for a friend. I dialed 8.26 and ran a T/S Camaro dialed at 7.87 Sat night. I bulbed him .010-.040 and out of it and on the brakes went a 8.258 coasting through ahead of him. He went a 7.89 for the win. Dave

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While I haven't seen you in many years Dave I still consider you a friend. I'll just add your name to my list.........LOL. Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug......LOL. Joe

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this a product of push button electronic controlled racing?
The box helps but the man still has to release the button. Then the box has nothing to do with the ET. RM

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Hey Joe, i ran into Rudy Thompson today during work. He looks good. His son is racing now. Dave

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard Rudy was dead years ago. Walter Merriweather too. Nice to learn thats not true about Rudy anyway. I heard Ron Mayberry was fighting cancer. Any idea how he is doing?

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Rudy is far from dead. He still has the Convenient store/gas station deep in the hood. He looked really good. We talked about a half hour. You know he was in prison a few years back. Walter was murdered back then also. Over a girl. We talked about that. Mayberry is still racing with a 7 second dragster. He had cancer and is still kicking. Weak, but still doing it. His wife Marilyn died a few years ago from cancer. He races with his son. Clarence Foss and Belinda are racing a Camaro still. Tony Johnson, Bob Vocaturo, Bob Weber, Sandy Campbell, John Wirick, they're all gone. I'm feeling older but get up on the green side every day. Life is good. Dave

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe his jail time was what I was told about and I thought he was killed. Either way nice to know he is alive and well. He was a fun person to be around. When Weber got bad I was able to go up to Ohio and we had a gathering at Wayne Motens house. Wayne married Bobs sister Mary. Nick and JoAnn Iarussi, Don Fozio, Wayne and Mary and me and my brother spent a afternoon telling lies and reliving old times. He was gone shortly after that. Lifes a bumpy ride and we sure have lost some real fine friends. Just glad I'm still hanging on to talk to the others who are still here.......LOL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts