Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other guy cut a .147 light, I cut a -.038 light.
i feel like the car moved in the lights. I was staged what seems like for ever!
Pisses me off.:mad:
I was great in time runs.:rolleyes:

Video was done by a buddy, I did not know about it till he sent it to me!

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Can't see all of the staging lights in the vid., but if you were pre-staged normally., you were waiting WAY too long for the other side... What the Hell was going on over there ???

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was he late to roll in ,, or the guy on the tree fall asleep ??
I heard he backed up.

I usally stage last with a slower car.

trust me, when your focused on the tree, don't see anything else.
I don't anyway!

Al

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Theme turbo guys stage late because there trying to spool up to get some boost. You gotta let theme go in first then you stage. Or you can let theme go in and you sit there and burn theme down:devil: Sometimes there is a 7 sec rule tho or something close to that.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Looks to me like you were staged before he even pre-staged? Hard to tell by that video. If that is the case, and I would have been in the other lane you would have waited longer.
I agree...For a shallow/shallow situation...But I deep stage, so you would hate me...From burnout box to deep in about 2 seconds flat:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
If they were using autostart do you think he should have been timed out?As was said earlier it is hard to see in the video if he had any lights lit on his side.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I agree...For a shallow/shallow situation...But I deep stage, so you would hate me...From burnout box to deep in about 2 seconds flat:D
I have no problem with you guys that go DEEP especially if you go that fast. Deepers are the only folks that I have no problem with them double bulbing me, that for you is the same as prestaged for me. I am VERY curtious to deep stagers.

MR- thinking folks that deep stage are cheaters:D:D:D:devil:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I have no problem with you guys that go DEEP especially if you go that fast. Deepers are the only folks that I have no problem with them double bulbing me, that for you is the same as prestaged for me. I am VERY curtious to deep stagers.

MR- thinking folks that deep stage are cheaters:D:D:D:devil:
:D:D:D

I have no choice...With how much travel my car has, it doesn't react for ****. I can't leave any higher than 1600/1800, or it WILL go on the bumper:eek: ..Time for travel limiters:D

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
wow you had time to eat your lunch and dinner i hope you protested i had a similar incedent at an event a week ago i hadnt staged yet and the other guy double bulb me i was told there was curtisee staging but not in the class i was in and blamo i red light and gave him the win ( i still think the starter had something to do with it )

·
Registered
595 Posts
wow you had time to eat your lunch and dinner i hope you protested i had a similar incedent at an event a week ago i hadnt staged yet and the other guy double bulb me i was told there was curtisee staging but not in the class i was in and blamo i red light and gave him the win ( i still think the starter had something to do with it )

WOW.....:sleep::confused:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
At our track, courtesy staging is not in effect at certain events. It really doesn't bother me because I'm on my own game. At events where it is enforced and someone double bulbs me, I simply wait for the starter to back them out (which throws them off their game), and proceed as usual.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just talked with some buddy's who saw it. I loaded up and left I was very mad at myself after some good practice runs.

I did stage last.

The tower could not read his dial in, if you look at the video the starter is reading the dial in.
So they just let us sit.
This now has me Pissed off!:mad:

But, thats racing! It's tough enough to race each other, never mind the track being water heads!:(

Al

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Sounds like you were pre staged, he lit both bulbs, and you sat there...Is this correct? If so, that is called autostart and you are in the wrong.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could be a coincidence. When I was bracket racing hard years ago. (20+) I would learn as many patterns about someone as I could. If this guy pegged you. he basically did what you wanted. he staged first. And he broke your concentration.

Starting line wars are phenomenal. It is a head game.

You must develop a mental attitude of taking charge of everything. Be prepared to play and over come being played. I should have paid more attention to the fact my car moved and adjusted to it.

AL

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
According to the timer in the video, after you put the bottom yellow on, it was only about 7-8 seconds before the tree came down. Couldn't see the other guys bulbs to see when he staged. So i can't say if it was him or the starter. When I used to run Pro with my dragster, I wouldn't bring the r's up on the footbrake until the other guy was staged. Never had any complaints, because I didn't hang anyone out to dry. But for ME, sometimes it felt like an eternity because I gave up to a six second headstart. Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts