Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom found pics of my first car. Thought I'd share. These pics are from 1985.

It still had the 6 banger in these pics. In 86 I bought a wrecked 76 SS & cloned it. Then in 87 I had the air shocks up a bit from hauling a couple fat chicks around the night before & it hydroplaned into a tree going 35 mph. The end

·
Registered
700 Posts
thats cool i got mine in 84 or 85 also , in fact it is the same one i still have
yours started out nicer then mine thats for sure

·
Registered
152 Posts
Now you guys are making me feel older. My first Nova was a 1976 SS in 1979 right in 76 SS' neck of the woods, Jacksonville AR. I do have pictures but they were taken with a Polaroid camera where the picture spits out after taking it. I will try to scan some and put them on here.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Phillip, Now that did make me feel better as I was not driving yet in 1966!! It is amazing how we remember our first cars and miss them. My 76 SS was nothing special, 305 V8, Light blue with white stripes and white bench seat interior. I would take it back right now if I could find it. If I remember right, about $145.00 a month for 36 months.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
I got my first when I was 17 A 1969 SS factory 396 car 4 speed 12 bolt posi 4:11 gears, disc in front, But only had a 283 in it, I was young and no money and well sorta loved a 4 speed, You see when I was 14 My parents had a 1962 4 door Chevy 2 with 4 banger and 3 on the tree, I was taught to drive in it, I ran around the back yard for hours, had a blast, So when I turned 16 in 1976, I had already been working on my first car, a 1957 short bed Chevy truck, which still kept my Nova connection cause the 6 banger came from a 72 Nova, Also ran a Saginaw 4 speed in it, I would flat shift this truck all the time, Miss a gear and start all over, I had a blast in it, But not a V-8 and well i wanted a car, Went off the path a little, Truck needed water pump and being 16 no job and no money and still oweing for a few parts, I had someone offer me cash and a car for the truck, This is where I really Made my dad mad, I got a 1963 FORD Falcon Sprint with 260 V-8 and 3 speed manual, And the money paid off all my owed people, This car was in great shape body wise, but smoked so bad and used so much oil I carried a case in my trunk, LOL, Any way My dad decides since He had helped my older Bothers buy cars it was time he helped me, Mind you I had earned all the Money to buy all the ones before, But the deal was sell the Falcon and he would buy me a car, And that is when I got the 69 SS, It was on a used car lot right next door, It was a joke, Someone put the rear under the rear leafs and they also wound two coil springs together and stuck in front, It was a donk in 1977 LOL, So again I have to fix a car, But it was a Chevy and had history, turned out a guy i met bought it new, It had a 396 in it but he put a 427 in it, and he raced it, also had a Cadillac Blue paint job with black vinyl top So this is now Officially My first Nova and then second was a 1974 ^ banger 3 speed on the tree, which then turned into the 76 I still own today, All the cars were bought and sold by time I was 19, My 76 grew up with me, I was 16 when Dad bought it new I was with him when he bought it, it was sept of 1976 thee 77s were due out in a matter of days, and truth is I hated the car, All white red inside dog dish hubcaps, But it was a V-8. and that truly was only reason I ended up with it, My 74 had a 6 the 76 had a V-8, Dad wanted a new Citation in 1979 when they came out So I made him a deal, So april of 1979 I made a deal that I am so happy I did, To this day I am happy in many ways for buying it, i learned from mistakes made on the car I grew up as a mechanic with this car, I practiced on this car, It has and will always be a part of me, it had seen me trough bad marriage and knew to break when I was down to the point I might hurt myself but knew to be Great when I needed to feel proud, It has a soul, and I feel so at home in it, I could sit and relax in it anywhere anytime, It completes me. LOL Sorry but that is my feelings, Now after all this, Guess what I wanted mostly when growing up? A Chevelle, 1968 or 69, Both bothers had them, Oldest bought a 68 Malibu in 1968 brand new, I loved that car, and my middle bother had a 1969 SS396 and he would let me drive it, I so loved those 2 cars, and I had a couple, but never on the road, just got and sold, But I am glad I kept with my Nova, Nova owners are the best

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
mom found pics of my first car. Thought i'd share. These pics are from 1985.

it still had the 6 banger in these pics. In 86 i bought a wrecked 76 ss & cloned it. Then in 87 i had the air shocks up a bit from hauling a couple fat chicks around the night before & it hydroplaned into a tree going 35 mph. The end
awesome car,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts