Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Nova this fall from a guy for $2200.
Here are pics from the pick up day. More to come.
Year: 1974
Engine: 1987 SBC R10 350
Transmission: TH350
Exhaust: Purple Hornies off the headers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next Phase - Find out what the PO did to it.

Next thing was to figure out what the previous owner did to this car.
Transmission lines had hacksaw cuts in them, all the wiring was melted from laying on the header.

Installed all new brake lines, new transmission lines, new trans cooler, all new fuel line. Fixed back brakes. Replaced the transmission dipstick, replaced oil dipstick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Score on seats

Scored 1970 Chevelle SS buckets for $100 bucks. work good but need new skins. Previous Owner had the Japanese Nova seats in. Remember that mess they called a Nova. Crap I owned one for 3 months. I guess this technically is my 2nd Nova :devil:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
KOOL SCORE :thumbsup:
WHAT'S THE PLANS FOR IT? :confused:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Looks like the car is Fairly complete ..... :yes:

Keep US updated ...

I wonder at what that console came out of .....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Console and Bumper Tuck and other info.

On the console, I think it came out of a sunfire and did not shift right. But I ripped it out and installed a B&M Starshifter. We also did the front bumper tuck. Took out the bumper shocks and compressed and drilled. For those going to do this DRILL first then Compress or you will be showered in oil. Turned out good. The back bumper was already tucked when I bought the car. This is going to be my daily driver and my dodge powerwagon for snow/winter. I figured what the hell and put a SS badge on it. I will always own up on it being a clone.

B&M Starshifter

Front and Back Bumper Tuck and SS logo

Added 350 badge and new rims - 17" front - 20" back

·
Registered
466 Posts
Disc Brakes

What was the kit you got for the disc brakes you got form jegs and how do you like them?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lucky

I am very lucky to have a friend who is a great mechanic helping me with this project. I am learning as much as I can.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After a 13 hour day the Nova is off the stands and on the floor. Installed new oil dipstick, header and purple hornie bolted on, spark plugs, MSD distributor, Summit wires, Auto Meter temp, volt, fuel gauges with custom fab floor mount, rear defrost hooked up. Tomorrow wiring and dash install.
Pics coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts