Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott Beasley was born in 1935 and was the best dad there were was and I had to watch him pass Monday morning. They went without on many occasions so us three kids always had what we needed or wanted. An Army vet and paratrooper then a NC Game Warden for 30 years. I hunt and fish a lot and had many people tell me over the years that my dad had given them a ticket for this or that but that he was always kind and respectful. I hope one day that I could even come close to living up to him. Married to the same sweet lady for 64 years and taught me everything I needed to be an independent man. Salute to my Dad as we say our final good by this morning and take it from me. Spend as much time with your loved ones as you possibly can because they are too soon gone.

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Scott Beasley was born in 1935 and was the best dad there were was and I had to watch him pass Monday morning. They went without on many occasions so us three kids always had what we needed or wanted. An Army vet and paratrooper then a NC Game Warden for 30 years. I hunt and fish a lot and had many people tell me over the years that my dad had given them a ticket for this or that but that he was always kind and respectful. I hope one day that I could even come close to living up to him. Married to the same sweet lady for 64 years and taught me everything I needed to be an independent man. Salute to my Dad as we say our final good by this morning and take it from me. Spend as much time with your loved ones as you possibly can because they are too soon gone.
View attachment 397498
I am sorry for your loss.

Your post shows that you had a very close relationship with your father and
I can see that you honor him for being your dad.

My prayer goes out to you and your family

Lou

·
Registered
5,105 Posts

Lou

Lou
Sorry for your loss. It's not easy when you lose one of your family but you just have to remember all ther good times you had with them.

·
Registered
875 Posts
We lost my Dad in August. He was born in 1936. My wife and I were able to get there and spend his last few days with him. I think of calling him at least once a week, and look at the calendar thinking, " its time to go see Dad.....". Your tribute to your Dad is very well written and makes me wish I had met him, even if I was getting a ticket. I hope posting here has helped you as you continue to celebrate his life.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Very sorry too hear of your loss. Can be & will be a sad thing too loose one of your Parents . . . . but, you can always remember those Great Times together .

Prayers going out too You & your Family

ps . . . Collect something 'simple' that belonged to your Dad . . He will be with you forever.

(I still have my Dad's old '53 International P/U ; for over 40 years ; I look at that Truck everyday - - -
- - - and, still think of Him ) .

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Regardless of what this site looks like today, it has always been a place with people who are familial in nature.. Your loss is one of the most significant experiences one can have.. I lost my father in January of 2015 and can appreciate what that experience is like.. Your father and all of out fathers make us who we are as we learn from them and develop into adults.. Your father will always be with you and We are now all part of each other’s extended family here at this place.. Though your loss is great, your family is here for you.. Peace be with you brother.. Joe

·
Registered
23 Posts
My condolences.
My father also passed a few years ago now and I miss him. You may be surprised how much closer you and your dad become now that he has passed. It seems my dad is with me in everything I do now. I'll tell you one thing cool, that I noticed. I work with my hands everyday and my mind will flash back 20 years and see my dads hands, in my hands, doing the work. I hope you have a lot of the "WOW" moments I have. To me, they are a lot of fun.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts