Chevy Nova Forum banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
That's looking mean! Such a cool build
That's a lot of progress!
Very cool to see how your upgrade is coming together!
looking great. I know you have had no issues in the past with engine temperatures and this is more a question of - just how hot does it get under the hood with the twin turbo set up?
I dont have a Temp gauge under the hood, but with my Thermal-Zero Heat wrap installed, I cam put my hand on the Hotside and not scorch it. So Id say it does its job rather well.
That looks friggin beautiful!
Thanks guys! We have had a very mild winter here in Kentucky and its made me get off my Arse to get this finished up before the tracks are working well in the late Spring!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I had some garage time this weekend so I continued to Mock-up the engine/trans. With the new front end, I will have to have the turbo hotside & cold side re-done as I cant use the existing parts.

I installed the WP, radiator/fan, Alternator and IC.

I just had to make sure the hood fit, so I laid it down without the hinges.

Its close, but it fits!

The hood should come up just a bit as the hinges will put it where it should be.

Thanks for tuning in. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
I got my VCs back the other day so and I wanted to verify that I could run my EV1 injectors with my new setup. Its really close, but the H2O and Fuel rails will clear.

I also got the hood mounted and front control arms squared away.

After 2 solid days in the garage, I was able to get both cars in there!

Im talking with my chassis guys, but not sure when I we will be able to get together to get my Hotside fabricated. Ill be glad when we all get past this virus **** and back to normal...

Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,805 Posts
Your upgrade looks like it is coming together very nicely... and looks great!
Thanks for posting more pics!... something positive to look at with all of the negative news these days.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Your upgrade looks like it is coming together very nicely... and looks great!
Thanks for posting more pics!... something positive to look at with all of the negative news these days.

Thank you!!
Yes, over on FB is just Politics and Corona. I was so happy to have 2 days of Garage Therapy away from it. :cool:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
This Lock-Down **** is getting old, but it was nice to spend the day in the garage.

I figured its time to give my 20 year old brake kit a R&R.

Started with the rotors.

Then on to the calipers.

My passenger side Caliper had some "scrape" marks on the inside of the cylinder bores, and since it didnt match the Drivers side, I went a head and ordered a new one. Hopefully its here on Wednesday.

Still in the "Mock-up" stage of the build.

Ill start on the rears sometime this week. I need to order all new hard & Teflon lines as I might as well replace everything.

I hope everyone is Safe and doing well.
Thanks for tuning in.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
On to the back brakes...

I saw some bright spots in the cylinders of the calipers, so I just went ahead and bought 2 new ones.

I went ahead and mounted the Line Lock

Hopefully my Fab shop will have some room for the Nova here in the next couple weeks. As they will be Fabricating the Hot & Cold sides to work with the New front end.

Thanks for tuning in.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Finally got the Nova back from my Fab guy. He gave me a deal on the work and I was in no hurry as Ive been banging gears in my Mustang.
So now I get to take it all back apart once again to have everything powder coated and/or painted. The LQ9, I will be upgrading the 317 Heads to a set of AS CAST TFS heads and the turbos will be upgraded to a pair of S371s.

Once again, my garage is a mess.

Thanks for tuning in.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,085 Posts
I will be upgrading the 317 Heads to a set of AS CAST TFS heads and the turbos will be upgraded to a pair of S371s
Did you ever run it with the 317 heads and turbos you had on it?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
I was talking to Jesus, from Texas and I priced him a set of AS CAST Heads for his 66 Nova. (I work at BTR) He then mentioned this site and I told him about my Build thread and that its needs to be updated. I sent him a quote, hooked him up with a SteveNovaSite discount and hen jumped in here.

So, On with the pics!

Go the front end and some other parts back from Powder Coat.

After watching my buddy, stuff his Vega into the wall (Blew out a Freeze plug on a set of factory LS heads) I decided to upgrade mine.

Trick Flow AS CAST LS2 Heads

I also went with Holleys new LO-Ram intake.

and 417 Intercooler.

Time to put them together

My goal is to have it running before Memorial Day, but Im not pushing it.

Thanks for tuning in!

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,805 Posts
Your Chevy II is a work of art (Show & GO)!
Great progression pics of the rebuild!... thanks for keeping is posted.

Reactions: Qwk

·
Registered
836 Posts
Friggin love this car, almost forgot about this thread but obviously the progress has been nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 197 Posts