·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I attended LS-Fest this past weekend and had a Blast! I had a personal best with the Nova and it ran flawlessly all weekend. All I was doing between runs was adding 22lbs of ice to the IC reservoir, checking tire pressure and my normal "pre-run" checks. Overall, a terrific weekend with a smoothly run event. Im looking forward to next year!

All shined up.

22lbs of ice and some H2O and my IC is happy.

My new Moroso, BTR Valve covers.

Good ole burnout.

There is room for improvement in my 60', but I had no way to adjust my tune. (My new laptop battery did not show up) So I was running on last years, soft launch, tune.

At 3465lbs, running Pump, E85, I VERY happy with this ET/MPH!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Had our first Cruise in this past Friday night and decided to get the 17 year old clear coat worked on. Over the years it developed quite a bit of swirls, but after 4 hours of work with the buffer, Eric was able to get them out.

If anyone is on the fence about getting their cars "Paint corrected", do it! It is well worth the money!!

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Very nice. Yes it is worth every penny. I have had my 2007 Sierra and 2012 Passat both done with great results.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Very nice. Yes it is worth every penny. I have had my 2007 Sierra and 2012 Passat both done with great results.
Thanks!

It is! Eric had his fluorescent light out, shining on the paint, and was showing me the "before" and "after" of his process and I was blown away.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Finally kicked my Mustang project off the lift and got the Nova on there. I have quite a few things I need to address.

-New Shocks
-New Struts
-New tires
-New gear
-New rotors
-New Pads
-New Hardware (bolts & nuts)
-New Rod Ends (4 link)
-Trans freshened up
-Have the car professional scaled by the guys at Tin Soldier Racecars
-Turn up the Boost!

I tried for a couple weeks to work without a lift, but then I called my contractor to make some head room.

Ill be cleaning the entire underside of the car as well. I need to make a "cover" for my trans cooler set-up to keep the core clear.

The 20 year old Afco's cant be rebuilt, so ill be installing some Menscers.

Wilwood rotors and pads will get replaced.

Along with the Rod ends and Ring & Pinion.

Im sure Ill find other things to fix or replace while Im in here, but its nice to be working on the ole Nova again. :)

Thanks for tuning in.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Ive owned this car on and off for over 20 years. In that time Ive only changed out the rod ends, in the 4 link, one time. (I check em after each outing and they always looked/felt fine.)
I plan on turning up the Boost on this and my goal is to run a 7 second 1/4 mile pass. So I talked with [email protected] built chassis in Louisville and he mentioned that he would upgrade the 4 link bars. I already have new shocks & struts on order, so I figured I might as well have him Fab up some new bars and add an Anti-Roll bar.

New parts!

Cam doing what he does so well!

New ARB

New vs Old

Even Beefed up the diagonal link...

and added all new hardware

Cam painted them and got them back under the car.

I think they turned out Great!

Before I took the car up to Cam, I took the trans out so that I could have it Freshened up. While Derrick was doing that, he had me get him a new TSI pump and TSI Transbrake solenoid.

This Summit Trans jack works pretty well.

Reid Case and soon to be a Fresh trans.

I also talked with my tuner, and we decided to up the gear from a 3.73 to a 3.89 So Im curious to see how that turns out in the 1/4.

Im trying to make LS Fest in Bowling Green in September, so hopefully I can get everything back together and tuned before then.

Thanks for tuning in.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hell yea bro, i luv this build. Go get em!!! The car is really nice and well thought out build. Good luck in bowling green, i know i ll see some you tube vids of this besst gettn it done.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
That’s one very sick ride dude..!:yes:
Hell yea bro, i luv this build. Go get em!!! The car is really nice and well thought out build. Good luck in bowling green, i know i ll see some you tube vids of this besst gettn it done.
THANKS guys! :)

I stopped by Cam's shop yesterday and pictures dont do those 4 link bars any justice. The are HUGE, yet weigh less than the old ones they replaced.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Slowly making some progress with the Nova!

Got the New ET Streets mounted up...

and back under the car!

ARB is installed as well,

and the Pumpkin.

New Factory style front arms are modified...

and back under the front end.

Once we find some new Cast & Camber plates, we will install these New Menscers struts.

Lastly, Cam was wanting to run my 3.5", SS exhaust all the way out to the rear bumper, so I ordered up some pieces from RPS in Ga!

Im not in a hurry to get this finished up, as its still Hotter than Hades out here. However, Im sure Ill be chompin at the bit to get it back down the 1/4 mile in Late Sept!

Thanks for tuning in.

101 - 120 of 169 Posts