Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Now that's what I call an Awesome Nova !!!!! Pro Street nice stance... great build that looks like my next project :yes::yes:keep up with the pics !!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Awesum awesum build. Really clean work. I fear wiring up my car. I know very little of electrical.
Me too! Tracey helped me out, Big Time, with the panel he made. It has made it a lot less intimidating.

I like that wiring board thingy your buddy made, looks very clean n easy to troubleshoot. What kinda hp you aiming for on the new twin set up? Also, are you gunna plumb the wastegates with the holley solenoids and control boost thru the Dominator? I saw you were gunna run onboard air, im in to see the results n thoughts on it
Tracey did an Awesome job with it. Hopefully I can get him to my garage soon, as Im almost finished with the wiring. Anything over 1000RWHP and Ill be happy. My cage is only certified for 8.50s, so that should put me real close. Yes, the WGs are controlled with holley solenoids and wired thru the Dominator. I had the air pump laying around the shop, so I figured we would try it out and hopefully it works out.

Now that's what I call an Awesome Nova !!!!! Pro Street nice stance... great build that looks like my next project :yes::yes:keep up with the pics !!!
Thank you. Ill keep the pics coming. :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nice! This is one of my now favorite builds going. Can we get more pics of the 417 intercooler system! Its pretty sweet lookn set up. What are you guys using for a heat exchanger to cool the fluid?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nice! This is one of my now favorite builds going. Can we get more pics of the 417 intercooler system! Its pretty sweet lookn set up. What are you guys using for a heat exchanger to cool the fluid?
A custom Aluminum Reservoir with a Rule 3700 pump mounted on the inside. Its overkill, but I figured if I run a True Street kinda class, I should have enough Ice/Water to run 3 back to back to back runs without loosing too much ice.

I have -16 lines running to and from the IC and Reservoir.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Now Im finally feeling a bit overwhelmed. I tore into the dash and found some cut and spliced wires that were wrapped with tape only. Now mind you, the car worked for me since 1999 with zero issues. I just think its time to get a new set of eyes on this. Its not complicated, but I think Im overthinking **** and its driving me nuts.

The Ignition Switch, pigtail has the ends falling out and crimped wires onto it, so I need to switch that out.

Original wiring

Original dash, which needs a huge cleaning!

Got the headlights and grill off so I can update the headlights.

Im thinking that Ill probably end up eliminating most of the under dash wiring. I am not using any of the origin lighting or gauges, so that would get rid of a lot of it. I only need the ignition and headlight switch, but need help determining which wires to get rid of, to keep it a clean install and function correctly.

Man, this gets aggravating at times...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
PROGRESS!!!:D

My bud, Paul, showed up last night and we rocked out some wiring! While he was under the dash, I was out front working on finishing up some connections. I also got the dash put back together.

I ordered a new Dash Lens and got it installed. MUCH better!

Paul got rid of a lot of un-neccessary wiring!

Once he was finished, I crossed my fingers, hooked up the battery, turned the switch and...

BOOM!!!!!
We have a Lit Holley Dash!!

Man I was pumped!! Finally, after hours and hours of wiring, I could finally see some positive results! I was like a kid in a candy shop as I touched the screen of the dash and scrolled thru different configurations. Too freaking cool!
These are just a few of the options.

I still have a grocery list of stuff left to finish up, but man, its the smallest things that keep me motivated. Who thought a simple, lit up, dash could re-ignite me to get this Nova running in the middle of winter!

As always,
Thanks for tuning in.:)

Craig

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Defly feeling your enthusiasm. This a killer ride and is right there for firing up...im excited for ya,lol. Defly one of my favs...please post vids when its up n running n hauling the mail!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I hope everyone had a good weekend!

I had a very productive weekend!

I need to get the bellows installed on the core support and a McDs cup has the perfect diameter to trace a pattern onto the support. (4")

This is where I plan on installing it...

using the loudest tool known to man!

Ill probably have to do some more trimming...

but I dont think Ill have any issues with a lack of air feeding the turbos. Maybe have an issue sucking in low flying birds, but no lack of air! LoL!

On to the passenger side...

Ill be connecting the bellows to the turbo with a 4" silicone coupler. Im not sure what color Im going to coat the bellows with yet. Im leaning towards red, but some friends of mine were saying black or even leave em raw aluminum.

Did you notice the "ricer" headlights I installed? Yes those are the ones that have a red ring that lights up, around the perimeter of the headlight. I just thought it would give it a more aggressive look when I pull into the waterbox, at night at the track or while driving down the street.

Continued...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Time to finish up the interior. Paul helped me out Big time with the dash wiring, but had a couple things left that I could do, mainly running the starter wire from the switch to the solenoid.

The Cheetah shifter has a safety switch that needs to be run in series with the purple wire off the starter switch. (Red wires)

The two black wires will be connected to my Line Lock

I found a good spot to install my Dominator Tune selector switch. This allows me to choose between 4 different saved tunes. Pump Gas, Race Gas, E85, more boost etc etc

I mounted the shifter and did not like how far it set off the floor.

So I removed it and chopped 2" off the stand which dropped it closer to the floor, much better.

Thats it for now. Seems like my list of things to finish up is getting smaller and smaller each trip out to the garage. Hopefully soon, ill have a video of its first fire up.:D

As always, Thanks for watching. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Looks great, going to be one nasty beast when she's done... :yes:

T,
Thanks! Im hoping so. :)

bad arse :yes:
Thanks!

Ive been working on my C10, so I havent done a lot to the Nova. Heck, its winter and the roads are covered in salt and crap so I couldnt take it out if it was running anyway. Now my truck, Ill drive that whenever I can.

I did find a local business who makes some kick butt exhaust wrap and heat blankets.

http://thermalzero.com/

I talked to Shawn, the owner and he is a very knowledgeable guy and makes a high quality product! He showed me different options, but I settled on his "Lava" series turbo blankets.

Shawn asked me to bring down my Downpipes. He mentioned that he can custom manufacture some heat shields for them. He said with the Turbo blankets and DP shields, I should significantly reduce the amount of underhood heat.

I also had my trunk catch welded back on and then cleaned up the trunk before I mounted the IC reservoir and fuel cell.

Im thinking about having the cell powder coated as Im not a fan of polished anything. It looks ok, but its more work than its worth. I dunno, I might just wrap it in the same insulation as the IC cell.

I WAS planning on doing some more work in the garage this weekend, but then the wife popped up with a Big Ole Honey Do list. Oh well, its still winter.:(

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts

Looking good
I love that you kept the stock front clip
The utilization of space with nice bends for the turbo piping looks great.
I have the 417 intercooler - he didn't have this beautiful polished rails when I bought mine. The black anodizing on the hot side looks fantastic.
You are putting nice parts on it. I run the dominator and love it
Keep us posted and enjoy this!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Looking good
I love that you kept the stock front clip
The utilization of space with nice bends for the turbo piping looks great.
I have the 417 intercooler - he didn't have this beautiful polished rails when I bought mine. The black anodizing on the hot side looks fantastic.
You are putting nice parts on it. I run the dominator and love it
Keep us posted and enjoy this!
Thank you!

Do you have a Build Album of your Nova that I can check out?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I needed a break from the C10 so I did a little bit of work on the Nova.

The openings for the bellows were just a touch too small, so I broke out the grinder and opened them up. Now the 4"od, silicone couplers fit a lot better.

Im glad I went with the black instead of red coupler. It seems to disappear in the engine bay.

Im still up in the air with the bellows. Im leaning towards red as then they will just blend in.

Although, I think Ill wait till I can get the grill back in, actually open the garage door and stand back to get a good look at it before I do anything.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Still plugging away on my projects, but at least stuff is getting done. Im really in no big hurry at this point as Winter is still with us.

I did finish up 95% of the wiring thou and got the front end back together.

Im kinda torn on what color, if any, I should have the Bellows powder coated.

I was thinking, red or maybe black, but after seeing them installed, behind the grill. I might leave em raw.

I dunno?? What do you guys think?
Red?
Black?
Raw?

41 - 60 of 169 Posts