Chevy Nova Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
your build is awesome.... BTR is awesome too... my bro does a bit of business through BTR (80zPerformance/Mel)... hopefully things continue to pick up with his business... i may need another engine/parts/etc fairly soon... will be using BTR components more than likely...
Very cool! Send me an email when you are ready to get some BTR parts!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This thread, your work, and that car are a true work of art and a testament to hotrodding! It makes me wanna scrap mine and start all over.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Slowly coming along with the build. I was able to spend the day yesterday, in the garage and made some good progress.

This would have been all back together, but I cheaped out on some cheap ass clamps and well, they broke. So I was not able to install the Cold side.

I got the Halos working, but now the actual head lights aren't working. Ill address that this week.

The hood and front end is installed, but the steering and alignment needs adjusted. I have an appointment with my Chassis shop, Tin Soldier Racecars, as soon as I get it fired up. They are going to scale the car and adjust everything so it goes down the track straight.

I still have a ton of small items to check off my list, but hearing the pumps, seeing the dash and headlights light up, makes for some great motivation to get it finished up!

Thanks for tuning in!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Dang she is one mean looking beauty haha such a cool car man and it's been awesome following along with this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,805 Posts
Awesome upgrades (both in appearance and function) to a car that was already stellar!
Looking forward to hearing how this beast performs.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Is there any videos of you running this baby down the track? On YouTube or something? I would love to see this car go if so.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
looks awesome as usual... great progress, definitely starts feeling good when things start lighting up...
Quality Job. She looks really good.
Awesome upgrades (both in appearance and function) to a car that was already stellar!
Looking forward to hearing how this beast performs.
Thank you so much!

Is there any videos of you running this baby down the track? On YouTube or something? I would love to see this car go if so.

No new ones, but here is my 1st hit with the Twin set-up from a few years ago.

Chevy II by Craig Newport, on Flickr

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Coming down to the wire to getting this fired up again!

Everything is finished up under the hood.

I even mounted up my Grandfathers old horn.

and it still works!
Untitled by Craig Newport, on Flickr

I updated the Holley Software, so now im waiting on my Tuner to send me an updated "Fire-Up" tune. Once I get that, I can crank this up and check for leaks and other issues before I head up to the Chassis Dyno.

In the meantime, I broke out the Clay Bar and went to town on the car.

Definitely made a difference, but the paint/clear is over 20 years old and shows some swirling.

Im nervous about firing this back up and I am questioning myself if I did everything correctly. I guess Ill find out when I go to hit the key....

Thanks for tuning in!

·
Registered
1966 Chevy II Nova
105 Posts
WOW, so many cool projects, but this one is one of my favorites. I like the engineering and fabrication and the ambitious nature of pushing the limits. I love this forum because we get to see 100 percent original restorations and super modified cars like this one. Congrats!

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
691 Posts
Qwk - You can't stop now. Post a video when you "hit the key". We want to hear it Snarl !!!!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
WOW, so many cool projects, but this one is one of my favorites. I like the engineering and fabrication and the ambitious nature of pushing the limits. I love this forum because we get to see 100 percent original restorations and super modified cars like this one. Congrats!
Thank you! I read about the Restos and Im amazed at how technical and detailed they get with their builds!

Qwk - You can't stop now. Post a video when you "hit the key". We want to hear it Snarl !!!!!!
Will do! My tuner wants to send me a file tonight, so hopefully soon.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts