Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
When you're in gear can you still remove or insert a CD? I would look into that. Besides that I like the shape and look of what you have done.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I like it so far! The CD changing thing is definately worth looking into. Might want to look into a cup holder or two. If I was making this for a street car I would look at making that front section taller, so you can add more gauges later. Looks like you have a lot of info on that digital dash and taking my guess I would say it is a dakota digital. You never know, but later if you add a power adder you might want a boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, air fuel ratio gauge, and tons of other little high tech gauges that could help in tuning, but not really used while driving, but I like information and the look of an jet fighter cockpit. :D This is just my opinion though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya that is a dakota digital dash, and the car will mainly be used for street driving the previous owner used it for racing that's why it has the cage, too much work to remove it so i just left it in there

you can get a cd in and out of the changer with the car in gear so that's not a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Looks good, I also second a "cup holder". I dont have anything to hold refreshments in my '67. Thought I would'nt ever need them. But sure is a pain to try to shift and hold a soda:)
Brandon

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
imo you have a great idea, but i think you should move it up a tad

bring the front more under the dash, what do you think..

·
Registered
348 Posts
oreosmuggler said:
Hey kceb10 what kind of seats are those? what'd they come out of.
they kinda look like corvette seats. but its just a guess.

Eric

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Kceb-

Extend the front of the console a little more towards the dash and add a little more space between the shifter and radio for CDs. Also, tilt the radio face up a little and add two cup holders as others suggest.

Have you thought about narrowing the entire console a bit for a cleaner look?

·
Registered
12 Posts
nice

that is a pretty sweet idea for a console and i would actually look into it for myself (specially with the cd player, i mean i like hearing the rumble of my car but after about 2 hours i wish i had some music...). the only thing that concers me is, do you have a hard time getting to the seat buckle between the seat and the console? even withouut a console my buckle tends to slip down as far between the seat and drivetrain hump as far as it can... or am i the only nerd that wears his seat belt?.......

aaron "the newbie"

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a cup holder now:) :)

I cant really narrow it much because of my shifter being offset to the drivers side. I'll add some more cardboard and extend it and see what it looks like

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Novajay said:
Kceb-

Extend the front of the console a little more towards the dash and add a little more space between the shifter and radio for CDs. Also, tilt the radio face up a little and add two cup holders as others suggest.

Have you thought about narrowing the entire console a bit for a cleaner look?
My thoughts exactly. You can work around the shifter and still trim it down overall. Here is a pic of something I whipped up so excuse how it looks.:D

Looking good kceb. keep us posted.;)

Dave:)

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
strtlegal said:
imo you have a great idea, but i think you should move it up a tad

bring the front more under the dash, what do you think..
yeah me two..lol

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Just an idea but you might can lower the height of the console too. Can you buy a boot and ring from lokar and drop the console height? If not, you can probably have someone make the boot if needed. Not sure if your shifter is thicker than a lokar. Check out the website:
http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/indicatorsboots.htm

Also...check out HotRods consoles he does. Very nice and sleek. Lynn has a great console in his too. His came out of another car (not sure what though)and he dyed and upholstered it to match:

Just trying to throw ideas at you.

Keep us posted.
Dave

1 - 20 of 36 Posts