Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was racing last Sunday in the sportsman class and cut my best light ever of .006 in the first round of eliminations! In the past I usually sucked at cutting good lights, so I've been practicing more lately. Used to be .2-.4 many times, now I'm down to .12, .11, .13 and then my .006.

I earned a bye run for the second round which was cool, but then I lost in the third round to a 16 second car haha! It was a lot of fun though!

This was in my other car, not my Nova. I ran 11.67 at 116mph on that pass. The photo guy was there and got a great photo of the launch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You hit consistent .02-.03 lights and you will be in the winners circle a lot. When you go to stage, I would try learning how to bump in deeper. This may require you going in first and lighting the stage bulb as soon as the other driver lights the prestage bulb. When I footbraked, I would bring the rpm up slightly in the prestage bulb and then pump the brake and bump the car in. See the stage bulb and then stab it again. That alone may be enough to get your lights better. HOWEVER, you will see an INCREASE in ET from going deeper.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Yeah that's the tough part, doing that consistently over and over.

I'm usually pretty good knowing what my car will run in terms of dial in. I've run right on my dial several times, but of course I had a crappy light that round and then lost.

I'll keep working at the light and over time I should get a little better. It's a lot of fun though for sure!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congrats, thats a nice RT.
I have about 600 rounds in total over 18 years of bracketracing. I have cut two .000 RTs. Fun when it happends.
I´m usually around .06 but need to get my car a bit more consistant.

But what has happened to the forum, this was really awful :( Edit, got a bit better with another browser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts