Chevy Nova Forum banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Nice looking sway bar. Curious as to how it will all work once everything is set.
well it helped and the front did need some adjustment
but overall it still kinda sucks the box i used was from my omega parts parts car
low millage box no leaks but it steers like you would expect a late 70 four grandmas car

so i quick trip to my parts pile i come up with a 77 camero box hey that one turn one less turn lock to lock so i give that a try before buying a new performance box or upgrading to the later one

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Last winter I upgraded with rebuilt Cardone box and pump for 86 Monte Carlo SS from Advance Auto. I've seen mixed reviews on Cardone rebuilds but mine works good. Works so much better and there is actual road feel! 2 1/2 turns lock to lock. Total cost about $150.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
oops were did that year go ? i spend more time thinking about working on it then doing even though it runs great still does not keep me about thinking about adding efi . any one tried a Holley 12-304 intank pump in our tanks to see if it works since my tank is only a few years old and has about 300 miles on it

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
oh another spring and nothing done to car over winter , oops dropped the battery in started it and have been driving it , this will be the summer of noise / rattle reduction , i got rid of the aluminum rear spring bushings (ya they sounded like a good idea 25 years ago lol )

141 - 145 of 145 Posts