Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
off of ebay but it came from from classic industries
the funny thing i did not see it in thre catalog when i looked maybe it was in the camaro catalog

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looking Good!!!

Glad that heater core swap worked out for you, one of the better little things i've done to make it look better, and sorta factory

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
1985 ? at newengland dragway

1985 ? at newengland dragway i think the chevette won

both pics are from 1985 or so

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The Day 1 of CHEVYFEST scheduled today at NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED due to rain.
so i think i will go get my parts car before it get snowed in again !
summer is over time to start work on the nova again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Which Big Block heater core cover is that? Is there one that fits all cars or a "special" one that fits the 4th gen?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks, even though I have a small block I never did like the location of the heater hoses behind the valve covers. The big block way looks cleaner, I thinks.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
new time to restart

well it a new year and it time to start working on the nova again
just finishing up the little things on the engine like temp sensors ,starters and getting the belts right

working on it on bike stand works great sinnce i can more it up and down depending on what i am working on

today i fit the stainless gas line from the pump to the carb

oops the exhuast is going to it the scatter sheld

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
http://www.camquest.com/
cam quest it comp cams tool for picking cams , it asks you the same ? as if you called comp cams

it was a download but , it now works on line on your computer
its free but you do have to register to use it

i liked the old version because you could save results i not sure you can do it with this one other then printing it

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
engine in oops

well got the engine in today fits perfect other then one little problem the oil pan i used. it hits the cross member so very close oh well next weekend i will put it back out and change the pan

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
it rained sunday

it rained last Sunday so i found some time to work on the car
it only took about 8 years but i got the repaired radiator support in , along with all the grill parts and the front bumper , next up fixing hacked up front brake lines , but that will not be until another rainy Sunday or until snow flies

that grill has only been waiting 20 years to be put on the car

·
Registered
28 Posts
that's a nice nova you got there. i'm following this thread close i want a 454 with a TKO 5spd. keep the good work coming!:cool:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
that's a nice nova you got there. i'm following this thread close i want a 454 with a TKO 5spd. keep the good work coming!:cool:
thank you for the kind words , this is more of a winter project but i am trying ti find some time to work on it , finding a lot of little things i did 25 years ago that need to be fixed or were never right , next up is working on the brakes new booster is in corvette master is in next up as well new proportioning valve for to handle the rear disk brakes and new lines

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
if gm put a 427 in 77 this how it would looked to me

if chevy had ever been nice enough to put a 427 in a 77 i think this how it would have looked ,i allready have people think it was born there ,you can not see in this pic but it has OEM 396 cast exhaust manifolds
[/IMG]

also finished up the brake lines and now the rear disc seem to work right and the peddle feels great so far maybe now it will stop
[/IMG]

·
Registered
265 Posts
hey im willing to donate some big block 4th gen front springs to the cause if you need them.. that is a sexay beast.:devil:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
hey im willing to donate some big block 4th gen front springs to the cause if you need them.. that is a sexay beast.:devil:
thanks ,well in 1985 i did but big block springs in it but ended only doing a small block
as it has been on jack stands for the last 10 years i am about sure how it going to look , the front was pretty high and i have real tall tires on the back

so the whle care was kinda high

21 - 40 of 145 Posts