Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after seeing crazy 88s 69 build(which was great btw lol) i thought i should go ahead and get started on mine im pretty sure you guys know what i have but just in case hear it is ( sorry that some pictures arent that big)

my 74 soa which just recently i found out that the doors are 68-72 which means the panels arent gonna be a pain to find

brand new radiator support and inner fenders

·
Registered
458 Posts
good to see the car. now lets see the damage :devil:

oh and what dose the front end and rear end look like on those cars?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now heres the full floor

heres a close up on the front floor they both pretty much look like this

probably the worst spot within the car... the trunk. i took out that pan that lays on top to get it out of the way

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
th subframe needs some cleanin...shes a dirty girl lol

i keep hearing por 15... but any other alternatives

just a close up and at a different angle

again any advice will be great

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
RustoleumI apinted mine with a brush. its easy to touch up too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
these things arent a cover up for rust right i mean por 15 does have acids and stuff but its kinda expensive

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
these things arent a cover up for rust right i mean por 15 does have acids and stuff but its kinda expensive
It is expensive but it goes the distance. I bought a quart of this stuff and when i replaced my floor pans i put on 2 coats of this stuff top and bottom. I also did some spots on my package tray as well as the trunk floor and i still have some left over. Goes on thick, is self leveling and looks great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I highly recommend POR-15. It brushes on well and sprays even better. I've brushed it on floor pans and sprayed it on firewalls. It's a little pricey but goes a long way. Pay special attention to how you use it though. Don't pour any unused stuff back in to the can and make sure you seal the can very well after using or it will harden.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
i pretty much want to clean up the subframe would you use products from por 15
Clean the rust off with a wire wheel and a drill first or it will look like poop regardless of what you ues POR 15 is good stuff

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good. so should i hit it with the wire wheel and use por 15 metal ready and use the por15 rust preventative or will a can of rustroleum primer do the job as well

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wish I knew of a donor car to fix that Spirit car right. Have you compared trunk floors to late model 75-9 trunk floors? Only cause I'm going to cut mine out soon if the stamping is the same? I look but we have no more 73-4 care around. I think there are close.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i heard that 4th gen trunk will work only minor cosmetic diffs. ... thers a thread somewhere that deals with it

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree, a wire wheel and drill is excellent to remove the rust and glue; I'm using both a coarse and fine wheel depending on the surface and amount of rust. I would also use emory cloth for the hard to reach spots. Andrew

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Angle die grinder ans sanding disks will make really quick work of it too.:yes:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Why not just pull the front suspension and subframe? Then you can get it sand blasted. I'm getting mine done next week along with my control arms. Total cost that I'm paying is only $125.

·
Registered
768 Posts
wow really? or is that a friends hook up price
Nope, I've done business with him in the past but he's not a friend or anything of that sort. I called some other places and the highest I found was $200.00 for the subframe, upper and lower control arms, and steering arms. Just call around you might be suprised at what you find. They should have listings in your phone book under "sandblasting" litereally :D.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts