Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1967 Nova SS
2,200 Posts
Dash vents are way better looking. More of a custom look and not something added on. That is something I would like to do one of these days. For now mine are the standard under dash vintage module.

While your doing your evaporator "evaluation" make sure to include the routing of heater hoses and A/C lines to your unit. If coming through the firewall into cab, not too big a deal but if your thinking of under the fenders, whole other ballgame.

· Registered
1967 Nova SS
2,200 Posts
I did use the sure fit kit originally. When I changed front clip to CBR I redid the A/C connection account I wanted everything I could out of the engine bay. My kit for the 67 had the heater hoses going through the oem location on firewall and A/C lines also (mine was not an A/C car).

I couldn't find any pictures I took of how I did it but it's almost like these that I remember Nova66mussl posted (hope he doesn't mind me using them). I did mount the dryer on firewall just to the left of where the lines go through on passenger side under the fenders. Again mine is 67 and this on a 66.

Also I changed the A/C lines and connections to EZ-Clip types as they are smaller OD and you can make them up as you go. Not trying to change the direction of your build, it's awesome as is, just something to think about in the process.

Bicycle part Composite material Metal Rim Office supplies

Automotive design Fender Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

· Registered
1967 Nova SS
2,200 Posts
Air outlets on the evaporator I have are not on the top either. They are on the left side toward driver's side of unit. What I did for the top mounting location was to weld in a stud on the firewall (cab side) when I did the firewall clean up. Not visible from engine bay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts