Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't really done a build thread on my '72 but, after two years it is wrapping up
Recently I hung the front fenders, bumper and the rest of the front sheetmetal and finished the front of car wiring. I have a Heidts front clip so aligning the front metal was a bit challenging. Lots of additional shimming and adjustments to the body bushings. Aftermarket (AMD) inner fenders didn't help.
Anyway, that part is 90% and the painter is going to bring the hood to my house on Monday and we will give it one last fit before final paint. I'm hoping I will have descent
gaps w/o too much more modification.
So, here are a couple of progress pictures......
John

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wow man that picture of the front end is looking really good! Very nice. I also really like the black theme on the motor with those anodized fittings. Please post a update once the hood is installed I would really like to see the whole car. Nice work

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks really good! We had the same problem with the whole front end. All AMD sheet metal. Especially had a fit with the inner fender wells. I'd like to go back and do a little more detail under my hood but it was time to move the project along. Besides, mine has only been sitting since 1980 and I'm only 65 so could more years waiting won't hurt.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the nice comments. Once the hood is fit I'm going to work a bit more on the door to fender gaps.
This stuff is a Rubik's Cube.......move something and it effects something else.
As rough as they were I wish I had kept and rehabed the original inner fenders. I think I'm fighting against my repos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great attention to detail and finish. I am assuming that you retained the factory exterior color on your car, Gulf Green I think it was in 1972. Can't say I was ever a big fan of that color however looking at your pics and how the car is coming together, in my opinion you made the right choice keeping that color. If I were to find my next one in Gulf Green your pictures convinced me to keep it that way. It will stand out from the pack. Looking forward to seeing the finished shots

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much. Yes, that was the original color so I decided to stick with it. I'm not entirely crazy about it and have had some second thoughts but I'm fine......yes, it's a bit different.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SS rivets backed by 1/2" washer, (the shields are on the tire side).

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Looks really amazing Alf..! I’m a huge fan of using black paint schemes with some contrast makes those details stand out.. Nicely done..!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Thug. There are a lot of blacks. Powder coaters must have a 100 when you include all of the textures and different sheens.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Hey John

Looking Very Sharp , for sure . Plus , how 'bout a good Picture of u'r "M. E. Wagner PCV Valve" . . . . . . I can hardly see it .

Won't be long now, you & Willy will be " On The Road, Again" . . . . . . jim

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ed the painter came by today to final fit the hood prior to paint. According to him one more block then paint.
He's a good friend so I don't bitch much but it might be another month before I see a painted hood!
More to follow....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts