Chevy Nova Forum banner
161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Roger That! Pretty much sums it up.

How’s it working in the 74…the 4.8? He like it?
He might wind up pulling it out to go back to the 400 he pulled out of it. It's his wife's car, and it just doesn't seem to run that well. It's carb swapped, and we're thinking it might just be too much carb, but we will see. It's got an 650 cfm edelbrock AVS2.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Sometimes you have to try something to figure out if it feel right to you.. If it doesn’t work you reevaluate what direction you need to go.. I’m my own monkey and have to be responsible for it all.. Not everyone is down for that and want to have a normal life and schedule.. I’m not normal..! Lols.
Yeah I tried! I've had crazy anxiety issues ever since the truck ordeal started, and I wouldn't wish anxiety on my worst enemy. I just want to work M-F then enjoy my weekends off. I was grossing 600 a load.. after expenses I was putting 200 in my pocket.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
So I was thrown a curve ball this morning 😆. My buddy saw me post the bare 350 block on my Facebook, so he messaged me, and this is how it went. I must say I have some good friends.

Screenshot Font Electronic device Games Technology

So my best buddy Joe, and I talked a short bit ago. He wants to take the Ls swap back out if his wives Nova so I'm giving him the 350 block along with the 307. He's going to give me the entire ls swap out of his wives car although I won't use the 4.8 out of it, but that leaves me with everything except the fuel system for the ls swap in my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Hey everyone, so no updates on the car right yet, but expect some big ones in the upcoming weeks! My best friend Joe, and I decided to join forces to make a YouTube channel instead of two smaller ones. If you'd like to subscribe it would be much appreciated! We will have a little bit of everything on there.

Two Nova's in the upcoming months one including mine, and the other is Joe's wives 74. Here is the link: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCDUXhTrJDdfBNz1TuHkYIRw.

With any luck we will be painting the 72 Chevelle next weekend which you'll see. Once that's done it's onto my Nova until it's painted.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Building Automotive tire

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Cool! Getting close to sled season up there tho. Where are those toys?
I wish I still had a sled! We have over 2300 miles of sled trails during the winter just in Aroostook county alone. It has gotten pretty dangerous though with new sleds having so much power, and people not staying on the right side of the trail.

Subscribed brother 👍
Thanks man!

Cool. Not being critical but audio little weak at times. Looking forward to future post.
I appreciate you letting me know! I thought it was too, but we had been trying to work past a video issue for a few hours so I just rolled with it. I need to buy an actual camera with a real microphone, right now we are just using our cell phones to record.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
I went, and picked up the new heart beat for the car yesterday afternoon. It's a 99/00 Lq4 6.0L Ls with the extended crank flange. Plans are to swap out the iron heads for some aluminum 317's then just re gasket everything along with painting the block etc. I'll throw in a Texas Speed 228R cam. It actually has 120,000 miles on it, so hopefully the insides are in decent shape. I'm still waiting to go back to my old job, so in the meantime I'm going to rework the truck wiring harness, and start body working the car.

Art Wire Concrete Visual arts Circle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Composite material Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Well guys, and gals first off I'd like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! The Nova is next on our list to paint, the 72 Chevelle is almost done. My buddy Joe has been wet sanding between coats of clear to get rid of as must dust as possible out of the final coat.

The story on this Chevelle is it belongs to Joe's friend. His friend had took the car out of a junkyard back when he was 18. It was totaled, he put a new nose on it, and built a 454 for it. He blew the motor shortly after. He's now 56 years old, and the car has been sitting in the back of his shop all these years, and Joe finally convinced him to bring it back to life. They took a propane powered 454 from a generator with 100 hours of run time, and changed the intake then slapped it in the car, it runs great.

So the paint scheme is the same as he painted it all those years ago, just different shades of green/gold. The green is actually the sequoia green I had bought for my car, and the gold is some random gold color napa mixed up. I'm excited to not only see this car done, but to get mine in hugger orange. Joe has done an awesome job spraying this. It looks even better in person.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Furniture Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper

161 - 170 of 170 Posts