Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My Omega came with the built 350, and a brand new 455 Olds, still in the plastic wrapper from the machine shop.. It's easy to swap a big-block Chevy into a Nova, but try doing that with a Olds 455 into a Omega.
I couldn't imagine trying to stuff an actual 455 olds into one of these!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Does anyone know this gm paint code? I believe it's called Omega red, but I'm not sure. I love it though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My Omega was the same color, but it had a black vinyl top. I believe you're right about the color name.

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,176 Posts
Ah-yuh! heah youse go again, chummy!

unique cool project, man

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My Omega was the same color, but it had a black vinyl top. I believe you're right about the color name.
I think it's that, but I'm not sure. I was looking at another color last night 1970 oldsmobile rally red. A buddy of mine is seeing if their computer system at work has the specs so they can mix it when the time comes.

Ah-yuh! heah youse go again, chummy!

unique cool project, man
Yessir! I couldn't just sell the 72 then not have a car to work on 😁 this should be fun. I decided to keep the Omega front end for now. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll have the new floor, ans frame rails in place then it's time to start the Ls swap.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So I bought this body by fisher book, it's for 1972, but should work just fine for me since the measurements will be the same for the frame rails between 72/73.. 74 I believe is different. It should help me make sure the sub frame is straight, and that the rear frame rails land right where they need to be.. and who knows the car may actually get converted to a 72 someday anyway.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
You guys ever get project a.d.d? Where different ideas flow so much that you change your mind from day to day? Well let's just say this project is taking an absolutely WILD turn, some of you will like it, and some wont. This idea is set in stone, I ordered the parts this morning. It's an idea that crossed my mind when building my 72, but I wanted to keep that car all Nova.

I robbed this picture from another post in here. This morning I spoke with my buddy who is great with auto body before I clicked the "complete purchase" button, and he said we can do it easily, what will happen is we will use the back of the Omega fenders to fix the door gap that way we wont have to modify the door. Don't be mad at me for doing this.. or do.. it's going to be wild, and the best part is I will put all the Oldsmobile/Omega emblems back on it too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I was thinking Omaro, or Omero 🤔 either way it's going to get all the Oldsmobile badges put back on it.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,805 Posts
How about Omegro?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
ComegAmaro Mega-Sport Edition..

With regards to the name of the color, different production years have the same color with different names.. So find one you like and get the code.. You can also look at other vehicle lines for colors..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It inspires me to see you guys looking forward to updates! This evening I was curious how the door gap will vary between the "Nova" door skin vs the 68 Camaro fender. They look to be almost the exact same, but I'll know for sure when the parts show up. I'm planning to pull the front clip off the Omega this week just so I'm ready.

The Nomaro by Ed Capen used 69 Camaro fenders, the 69 fenders where they meet the door are completely different from the 67/68 which is why he wound up using the Camaro door skins as well. I've been searching high, and low for more pictures of that build, but it seems like the car has fallen off the face of the earth since the 2014 Sema show.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It inspires me to see you guys looking forward to updates! This evening I was curious how the door gap will vary between the "Nova" door skin vs the 68 Camaro fender. They look to be almost the exact same, but I'll know for sure when the parts show up. I'm planning to pull the front clip off the Omega this week just so I'm ready.

The Nomaro by Ed Capen used 69 Camaro fenders, the 69 fenders where they meet the door are completely different from the 67/68 which is why he wound up using the Camaro door skins as well. I've been searching high, and low for more pictures of that build, but it seems like the car has fallen off the face of the earth since the 2014 Sema show.
Is that the one that was built on the show “Hand Built Hot Rods” I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Here it is. 69 Nova built by Steve Strope for Joe Rogan. Doors and fenders from a Camaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They grafted the camaro pieces into the Nova, I do like that car, but mine will have an actual camaro front clip

21 - 40 of 79 Posts