Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new AC vacuum modulator. I have been trying to find a new one. I couldn't find any but at Jeg's. Ordered it 10 days ago, back when I ordered it Jegs said it would take 7 days to ship. I called Jegs today and asked what was going on. They looked it up and told me OER hadn't shipped it yet. So I better start looking elsewhere. Looked on Ebay for one but not to faithful the NOS are good. The "Partsguy" had two rebuilt ones but I bought from him before but they were bad parts. Any help please.
Dave
Wichita

·
Vendor
2,192 Posts
Jeg's is just reselling and drop-shipping parts from Classic Industries, so whatever it is should be readily available. Can you post the Jegs link so we can see the item?

Reactions: Bob's 65 Post

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeg's is just reselling and drop-shipping parts from Classic Industries, so whatever it is should be readily available. Can you post the Jegs link so we can see the item?
All I could get from Jegs is this "
OER 1969 Camaro 69-74 Nova Heater and AC Vacuum Control Switch
Just copy and paste it on Google and it will get you to Jegs. It's a OER part, I tried Classic Ind but I couldn't find one on their.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is a AC vacuum modulator? Never heard of this animal before.
With 69 thru 74 Novas with AC it works to open and close different parts that use a vacuum. One goes to the FRESH A/C ACTUATOR"S, one behind each kick panels. Then one goes to the engine bay, passenger fender that opens up a valve that runs water to the heater core.

·
Registered
948 Posts
With 69 thru 74 Novas with AC it works to open and close different parts that use a vacuum. One goes to the FRESH A/C ACTUATOR"S, one behind each kick panels. Then one goes to the engine bay, passenger fender that opens up a valve that runs water to the heater core.
Thank you for educating me on that. I have a first gen and needed educating on it!

·
Vendor
2,192 Posts
Is this the part you are referencing? The connected part numbers are invalid in the OER dealer portal. Doing a keyword search only brings up switches. Jegs may have the part mis-branded which is really common with the mega-vendors. It may also be a "arriving soon" part. Just call OER Monday and ask them 1-800-955-1511

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be fair to the Parts Guy, everything I’ve purchased worked great including both rebuilt actuators. Are you sure your vacuum source is properly connected?
To be fair to the Parts Guy, everything I’ve purchased worked great including both rebuilt actuators. Are you sure your vacuum source is properly connected?
Yes on the properly connected, I found another vacuum modulator and hooked it up yesterday. Before I installed it I checked the modulator with a actuator I had laying around. The other two modulator were tested and both leaked, They both leaked at the seam, none of the ports.
What I don't like about Ebay is that Ebay doesn't print what the seller has had to take back account of bad parts. The buyer gets their money back and the seller gets nothing on his rating record. If I noticed some one has been selling bad parts a lot I would be leery of buying something from then. The Parts Guy has a rebuilt one for sell now. I was reading the ad and it stated that the part was only guaranteed for seven days. Sounds fishy to me but thats just me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts