Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a rendering of my 67 I am building. I have a thread ongoing of my 67 build and this is a supplement to it showing what I came up with when I started thinking of how I want it to look. I started the drawing before I even found my car. It took me a while to locate one as I live away from the mainland where most of the cars are.
I want to build a resto mod / pro touring type of car. So what you see here is pretty much how it should hopefully be when completed. So far I have the cowl hood and the American Racing wheels with the centers being matte black. I smoothed the carriage bolt heads on the bumpers and primed them so they are ready for paint. I plan on having a custom grille made with laser from a drawing I drew up. I made a carbon fiber front air dam too. The car is in the bodywork stage as of now. The graphic program I used to create this drawing is from CorelDraw. I am a graphic artist that makes custom T-shirts and also hot rod designs that I sell on my website.
Any questions, let me know. Thanks for looking.
Rob

nova car2.jpg

·
Registered
1970 chevy nova
57 Posts
Wow that looks so good! I just got corel and haven't dived into it yet, do you have a IG account?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well if you can make a grill like that, make two and I'll buy the second one. Your vision looks awesome. Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice... especially like grill, front bumper. Not a fan of the two wavy lines down the lower side. Perhaps two lines too far.

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice... especially like grill, front bumper. Not a fan of the two wavy lines down the lower side. Perhaps two lines too far.
Thanks. The two wavy lines are not going to be on the car. For illustration purpose only like reflections, etc.
Rob

·
Registered
203 Posts
That looks really good, very nice work. I've got a long ways to go on my rendering skills. I've been playing in autodesk sketchbook on my iPad and playing a bit in illustrator. I'll have to look into corel draw.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
This is a rendering of my 67 I am building. I have a thread ongoing of my 67 build and this is a supplement to it showing what I came up with when I started thinking of how I want it to look. I started the drawing before I even found my car. It took me a while to locate one as I live away from the mainland where most of the cars are.
I want to build a resto mod / pro touring type of car. So what you see here is pretty much how it should hopefully be when completed. So far I have the cowl hood and the American Racing wheels with the centers being matte black. I smoothed the carriage bolt heads on the bumpers and primed them so they are ready for paint. I plan on having a custom grille made with laser from a drawing I drew up. I made a carbon fiber front air dam too. The car is in the bodywork stage as of now. The graphic program I used to create this drawing is from CorelDraw. I am a graphic artist that makes custom T-shirts and also hot rod designs that I sell on my website.
Any questions, let me know. Thanks for looking.
Rob

View attachment 420173
The rendering is cute.
Difficult to get stance like that without air bags. You will need a front clip with tubs in the rear to even begin to consider getting the car this low. Obviously precise wheel dimensions would make it or break it. Good luck. Takes a lot to make that stance happen and actually be functional. B pillar is not really accurate. :)
These cars are challenging to actually go from vision to reality.

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The rendering is cute.
Difficult to get stance like that without air bags. You will need a front clip with tubs in the rear to even begin to consider getting the car this low. Obviously precise wheel dimensions would make it or break it. Good luck. Takes a lot to make that stance happen and actually be functional. B pillar is not really accurate. :)
These cars are challenging to actually go from vision to reality.
I got a TCI front clip for my LS3 with mini tubs in the rear. The wheels are American Racing with custom backspacing to fit along a shortened rear end. Not sure what you mean about the B pillar but whatever you say. It’s a drawing of how I hope it will be. Not an engineering blueprint. I’m hoping I can get that stance with my lowering blocks or close to it. We will see! Thanks for looking and your cute comments.
Rob

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I got a TCI front clip for my LS3 with mini tubs in the rear. The wheels are American Racing with custom backspacing to fit along a shortened rear end. Not sure what you mean about the B pillar but whatever you say. It’s a drawing of how I hope it will be. Not an engineering blueprint. I’m hoping I can get that stance with my lowering blocks or close to it. We will see! Thanks for looking and your cute comments.
Rob
Lol. Don’t get too butt hurt. We’ve built several of these cars. Just be patient and really do your homework. If you can master these small cars from a suspension perspective by achieving that stance and being able to turn the front tires without rubbing: would be a job very well done.
Ask batman09/Bruce about wheel sizes and backspacing for 17-18” wheels. I say dream on. I hope you reach your goals.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts