Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently bought a 65 in better than good shape and no rust.

I was looking at some 65 pics to start to get ideas of what I wanted to do with this car and I noticed something with the fenders and grill.

The 65's I looked at all had round trim rings around the head lights with a chrome hood trim however, my car has the bezels like a 64.

Are these front clips parts interchangable?

If the owner put on 64 fenders would that also change the style of the grill or the hood?

Also, I see many parts for the first gens listed like 62-64 66-67 is the 65 a stepchild? or will the 62 - 64 parts work?

Probably noob questions but im new to the first gens.

Thanks,

Loren

·
13,723 Posts
Loren, welcome to the site. The 1965 Chevy II is in many ways a one year car. It has the same basic structure and body panels as the 62-64, but most of the trim parts are different. The grill and headlight bezels are unique to 65, as are the tail lights. Perhaps you could post some pics of your car so we can get a better idea of what you're dealing with. There are lots of knowledgeable 65 folks here.
Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok here are some pics

Not sure if this will help anyone or not since the headlight bezels are not on the car:

This first shot is of the right front

IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/Lorenw/iA5476240-5422-46E9-AF07-7FF2628AC2.jpg[/IMG]

Left front

rear

I can get a picture of the headlight bezels i have if yall need that please let me know and thanks for the help

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
on yer first shot posted... it didn't work because ya missed the "[" in front of "IMG]"

take a look ;) do an edit on yerself and ya can fix it ;)

hope i helped :D

here, i'll do it ;)

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
looks to me like she's got a 65 grille in her....never seen the 64 bezels used with a 65 grille....62-64 had the turn signals in the grille, 65s in the bumper....the 62-5 fenders should all be the same...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Pictures

Loren, You definately have a 65 grill there and I agree that I don't see how the 62-64 headlight bezel would work. I think radiator support is actually a little different on a 65 so they wouldn't mount very well anyway. Pictures of my 65 are at the site below. have a look. As to the trim, all the front trim is different. Grill, hood bar, eyebrows, emblems and bumper. Some are rather expensive to get. For 65 we call the headlight bezels "eyebrows"! Not sure I know the history of that though. All side trim is unique except all the trim around the windows(front and side) The rear is different only by the tail lights and the center panel that you already have. The bumber and cove moldings interchange. Most engine parts are interchangable. Good luck. You have a good looking car to start with there. If there isn't any rust you a way ahead of the game! I am pretty knowledgeable about the 65's so if you have any questions I'll be glad to help anytime if I can.

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/mcmilgd/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts