Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i haven't posted much about my wagon project,and it's getting close to being finished,so i figure i'll share some pics.
i bought the car at the end of august 2008.i was just going to do a couple things to turn it into my dd.well it ended up turning into a much bigger project.this is the first car that i completely stripped and rebuilt.this was also my first paint job.it's not perfect but i did learn alot about painting.i wish i had some pics of the car in bare metal.the body had no rust what so ever.the only rust was a small area by the trans tunnel behind the front seat.
i have basicly rebuilt everything on this car.anything that wears out ha been replaced.
it's got a rebuilt 250 l6/200 4r trans,complete brake system from a 4th gen f-body,17" coy's wheels,front buckets w/(soon to be made)custom center console.
the only thing a can't decide is what color to do the interior.it will either be the charcoal grey like the front seats or it will be saddle.what color would you guys go with?
i was hoping to have it done enough to drive down to goodguys this weekend,but that's not happening.

here's the car the day it picked it up

here it is as of today

a couple of the interior

and the engine

a link to a few more pics
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/jonnyc71/wagon1/

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nice, its really come a long way. I cant wait to come and check it out.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, its really come a long way. I cant wait to come and check it out.
i have to be out of this house by june 19th.i'm not sure where i'll be moving but if i don't see you before then,i'll pm you my new address.i'm trying to find a place in O.V.

·
Registered
68 Posts
car

looks nice, I also live in sac, pm me maybe we could hook up some time,I have a 62 that is almost done but driveable

Tony

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
thats awesome

just get the thing done and let us know when it is. Us Sac guys need to meet for Roseville Tuesday nights or Rocklin or SOMETHING..............

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looks great! Where did you get all the sound-proofing from. You used a ton of it! I like the idea.

DW

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Very nice! good job! Are you bringing that thing down for the Mini Nats?

-Justin

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys.it's been alot more work than i planned on.they make it look easy on t.v.

I'm thinkin' the grey. What are those bucket seats out of?
the seats are out of a 4th gen camaro

looks nice, I also live in sac, pm me maybe we could hook up some time,I have a 62 that is almost done but driveable
Tony
they are having a show at rusch park on june 28th.i hope to have it drivable by then.maybe we could meet out there.

Looks great! Where did you get all the sound-proofing from. You used a ton of it! I like the idea.
DW
it second skin damplifier.i used 80 sqft.to do the entier floor and all 4 doors.the have a lighter version that i'm going to use on the roof.

Very nice! good job! Are you bringing that thing down for the Mini Nats?
-Justin
i don't know if i'll have the interior fully done by then,but i was planning on taking it down there.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
M/c

Hey, tell me a little bit about that master cylinder (vehicle sourced from, etc). Looks like a nice piece.

Great job, and thanks for the motivation :D

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, tell me a little bit about that master cylinder (vehicle sourced from, etc). Looks like a nice piece.

Great job, and thanks for the motivation :D
the whole break system is from a 98 trans am.including the booster and mc.i had to modify the firewall alittle and change the end of the pushrod on the boster.all in all it's a very easy brake kit to put on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks very nice!! im in about the place you are with my 64. My car is a fairly dark bluesh Grey with a Fawn interior. I think a few guy's had great idea for your interior being grey. Good luck and enjoy. Bet you cant wait for the first cruise!!! I have a few extra parts let me know if you might need anything?:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts