Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been restoring a 64 chevy ll and i can't seem to get the blinkers or brake lights to work. i was wondering if anybody had any tips?

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,495 Posts
Do your front blinkers work?
Confirm the bulbs are working and check all of your grounds.
If you have an Emergency Flasher Switch in the car, turn that on and see what happens.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Check the turnsignal switch as well. the wires for the brake light run through the switch. Check the grounds too.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Have you recently painted the car. or inside the trunk ..?? My signal lamps wouldn't work after painting both.. I had to
scape the paint off the tail lamp mounting points inside the trunk. remove the bezels and run a separate GOOD ground wire to the body to see if they work.. I also ran a separate ground wire to the front lamp assembly , not depending on just the housings to ground themselves... other than that, check your floor headlamp dimer switch...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a 63 Vert that I stripped all the lights from for a repaint. When I started to put it back together I found the blinkers were doing some weird things until I put ALL of the turn signal and brake lights screws in. When I put both screws in both front turn signal bases everything cleared up and started working fine. May have nothing to do with yours, but like they said above, check the grounds closely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts