Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
The 62 that I am currently taking apart has the identical interior:yes:
The car also has very nice head light bezels,grill as well as pretty nice trim pieces. I noticed your trunk trim piece is bent.
I will be selling a lot of these parts.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Dont loose that super rare lower side trim, I think thats probably the second or third car ive ever seen with the lower pieces. :):)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. You won't believe what I paid for it. I was actually thinking of getting rid of all the trim and welding the holes shut. I am missing one piece and yeah the back trunk one is bent. I did not know these side trim pieces were that rare. Might keep them if I can find replacements.

Its a daily driver and pretty much stock. I have only done the suspension so far. Rear multi-leaf springs from chevy2only(painted red). New coils and shocks. Also did all the basics fluids, filters, belts, and valve cover gasket. Brakes are good. I painted the air filter and valve cover too. I plan on installing the cpp kit(lowers only). My carb sucks and I am debating between the offy 4bbl setup or the 2bbl from langdon's stovebolt. Also want to do the HEI upgrade. Front sway bar would be nice too. Torn apart between stock and reliabilty/efficiency. Love the Inline 6.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts

Looks as if the front end may have had a repaint...signal lamp extentions are reversed or upside down...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never noticed. It is possible that the front was repainted. The previous owner could not wire the the tail lights and front turn signal lights. I used the diagram on this site and everything is good now.:yes: It is also possible the previous owner switched them around or I did when I changed my light bulbs. I do not remember.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks. You won't believe what I paid for it. I was actually thinking of getting rid of all the trim and welding the holes shut. I am missing one piece and yeah the back trunk one is bent. I did not know these side trim pieces were that rare. Might keep them if I can find replacements.

Its a daily driver and pretty much stock. I have only done the suspension so far. Rear multi-leaf springs from chevy2only(painted red). New coils and shocks. Also did all the basics fluids, filters, belts, and valve cover gasket. Brakes are good. I painted the air filter and valve cover too. I plan on installing the cpp kit(lowers only). My carb sucks and I am debating between the offy 4bbl setup or the 2bbl from langdon's stovebolt. Also want to do the HEI upgrade. Front sway bar would be nice too. Torn apart between stock and reliabilty/efficiency. Love the Inline 6.
Langdon is great.They were instrumental helping me straighten out my 235...they live and breath inline 6. If you like that six I'd encourage you to not venture too far from stock.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Too Tall was leaning towards the langdon stovebolt set up over the offy and 4bbl due to cost. The extra power and potential gas savings is tempting but I think I should go with the adapter and 2bbl. That way I can keep the stock intake and store the carb if I want to go back to stock.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on My Nova

Painted the engine bay flat black. New HEI and the the 2bbl carb. Oh finally got to installing the cpp uppers and lowers.(Thanks to John [BavSS67] for the kit). Need to align and time my nova now. Apparently my timing mark is off. I'll try to post pics of other things I have done to the nova. I know you guys love pics.

·
Registered
821 Posts
How do you like the 2bbl conversion, any problems or suggestions? By the way love your '62, please, please don't take that side trim off, it is so cool to see one with that trim, it absolutely makes the car! Yet ANOTHER Gen 1 4-door on the site, I love it!!

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,866 Posts
:thumbsup: lookin' good !!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. I kept the orginal carb and distributor. Accidentally threw the tape out though:no:. I will keep the side trim too. The 2bbl is better but still have to set the timing and then mess with the carb. I drove the nova for a couple months with the set up and is definately much better. The cpp kit stopped the squeaking and feels smooth. I also installed a tach where the stereo was mounted on the dash near the light switch. I cut out an instrument panel out of wood and put some new speakers. The trunk is now black too. I will post before and after pics of what I have done ASAP. Messing with my new Monte Carlo so I am busy:D.

·
Registered
134 Posts
$ $ $ $

Ok I'll ask how much did you pay for the '62............:cool:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Thanks. You won't believe what I paid for it. I was actually thinking of getting rid of all the trim and welding the holes shut.

Love the Inline 6.

Good looking car. Umm, Id think about keeping the trim, unless you are set. The reason I say so is because its all mostly there. You dont see many of the 62s that are so complete. That car has alot of original pieces on it, be a shame to tear it down.

Now the cost, what you paid? Bet you stole her huh?? I love a good steal, as long as it doesnt get chopped up for parts.

I bought my 62 for a 1000 bucks, but it was already stripped of most of its appeal. Had a 350/350 combo already hacked in, most of the trim was there, but the engine was hacked out and the interior was GONE. I sold the engine and tranny to cover the cost of the car.

But if it would have had the six banger still in it and the intierior I would have tried to keep all the trim parts on it. I love the sixers in these cars. JR

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want to keep it as stock as possible but improve it slightly beacuse I intend to make it a daily driver. Sold my first car (82 El Camino) seen in the back of the pics. Only got to drive it twice:(. Well got my dream car for only $1900 and drove it home unlike my elco. Love this car and I think I got a good deal on it. I will definately keep the trim. I plan on doing the body work this summer and paint it. Then do the interior(probably just the carpet). Headers and exhaust are first before any aethetic repairs are done. Any suggestions on the exhaust? Will probably ge the headers from Langdon's.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts